part fifty two: the attack

Start from the beginning

Louis and Niall each held one of my arms, pretending to force me towards another location so it didn't look suspicious as to why they were letting the leader of the Kings walk freely in their territory.

As a precaution, they don't let me go until we're at Samuel's office.

Louis knocks on the door, I take a deep breath, knowing I was about to face the leader, the person who had ruined Lydia's life.

The door is opened by a big Phantom member, revealing what seemed like a conference room.

And at the head of the table, there he was.

He could easily be distinguished as the leader. He wore black, and his neck was decorated with gold chains. His fingers had gold rings. He was covered in tattoos.

He was accompanied by six other people at the table, all of them looking at my new found presence.

"Well, I'll be damned." Samuel mutters under his breath, glaring at me.

I enter the room fully, Niall and Louis behind me.

"Harry Styles." he shakes his head with an astounded scoff. "I've been expecting you."

"I'm sure." I mutter.

He dismisses the other six people at the table, all of them filing past me and walking out of the room. It was just me, Niall, Louis and four other Phantom guards who were already in the room.

"Sit." he directs to a chair across from him.

I inhale and walk towards the chair, pulling it out and sitting down.

I rest my hands on the table, my fingers interlocked with each other.

"You've got some nerve showing up here, kid." he begins.

He looked fairly older than me. Cody and I were pretty much the same age, so him being Cody's father, he was probably in his late 40s,
maybe early 50s.

Old fucker looked like it, anyways.

I stay silent, slouching back in my chair.

"You just assume you have immunity?" he cocks his head.

His remark makes me laugh under my breath. "Oh c'mon, Sammy. We both know you're not gonna fuckin' touch me. You need to save it." I say, knowing I was right.

He doesn't react physically, he just looks at me, his fingers tapping the table top.

"Save it for the delivery?" he says, immediately sparking anger within me.

I had to contain it, though. I cant show him the affect what he said had on me.

He smirks when I don't respond, gaining the knowledge that he had struck a nerve.

"You don't like that, do you?" he says. "When people talk about your kid?"

I bite my tongue, looking to the side in anger.

"Hmm." he hums. "You know what I don't like?" he taps the table.

I ignore him. He leans forward.

"I don't like the bastard that murdered my son." he says darkly, calling me out.

My eyes flick to him. "Your son was an awful person." I mutter.

He scoffs. "And you assume you're any better?"

Well, I couldn't really fight him on that one.

"He deserved it." I say, making Samuel inhale sharply, his nostrils flaring in anger.