ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

"Dad!"

I storm into the main room in the pack house only to find my father calmly eating his breakfast right next to my mother.

"Emery," he replies.

"Are you seriously going to sit there and look at me innocently?" I almost scream and wave the piece of paper I was just handed.

He picks up the napkin he has on his lap and wipes his mouth before he gets up, gives my mother a peck and that slight gaze my mother passed his didn't got unnoticed as if she silently told him to stay calm,  nothing new.  He beckons at me to follow him up his office.

I do in angry strides, fuming that he will once make me face the discussion I wasn't here for. When he closes the door behind us, he twines his hands behind his back and turns to me.

Well it's not like I was intimated while I stood my ground and held his piercing gaze with the same intensity. These were not my intention but this is how I was brought up hardheaded and strong atleast that's  what I believe.

I was raised to breath fire. They say that I have stolen the fire from hell and I will burn in those fires myself, well, technically speaking, I am already burning. I'm a born hybrid, the first in my kind. Shifted at the age of seven un-ordinary of all. I was extraordinary with my power.

"You will not scream like a wild beast in my House, Emery."oh so he wants to pull that dominant card I'll give him that.

But I can't help but agree with him, as I stomped in the house like a grumpy toddler but I didn't admit it.

"First of all, you do realize we are werewolves, right? There is a wild beast constantly in the back of our mind"

"Yep," Antiope, my wolf confirms.

"That is no excuse," my father ends the argument.

"While you signing me up for things I don't want to participate to is OK," I say not ready to let him change the subject.

"I thought you said you wanted to take my place as Beta."

"And what does the Mating Hunt has anything to with that?"

"It does!"

"What do you want from me?"

"I will not give you the mantle or my recommendation while you are unmated."

"You were unmated when you became a Beta!"

"It was different," he raises an eyebrow. "I was-"

"A male," I finish the sentence for him.

He goes to the window and turns his back on me. He literally turns his back on me! To say that my father wasn't keen on my idea of staying unmated while I wanted to take over as a beta. All because of just past incidents. I admit it he worries, but not an excuse he wants to sell me off to a mate to ensure my protection I call it bullshit I can protect myself and I had proved them enough.

Ever since I shifted at the age of seven, introduced in the councilman's at the age of ten, the curiosity started to brew, werewolf's from other pack with different statues started to appear just for one thing. To challenge my status.

Every since the war, the night Walker pack was joined with Red moon pack the biggest pack all over Asia,the commotion started to brew over  other packs. They wanted Alliance,so they could takeover night Walker pack.  but former Alpha Seokjin had it hard way he personally took the opportunity in his hand and trained Minjoon to be a strong Alpha while on the way, Jihoon was trained to be a gamma they both achieve so much and Night Walker was passed on to Minjoon when he turned 25.