"What?"

"What did I just say?"

"You said, 'Kenma, for real'." I repeated in a fake deep voice.

"No, what I said before that." He became visibly agitated.

"You mean, 'oh my god'?"

"NO!!!" Kuroo yelled, fuming with frustration. "Listen here, you little shit, you know full well what I meant."

"I don't."

"You do."

"Don't."

"Do."

"Don't."

"That's it, say goodbye to your best friend." With that he snatched the Switch from my hands, and held it out of my reach. No! I almost won that round. This bitch...

"Kuroo, you idiot! Give it back!" I jumped for it, but failed miserably. Damn it, I didn't think he'd actually go this far.

"Not until you apologise." Kuroo said, with a newfound air of importance. What a bastard.

"No, you rooster-headed fuck-wit!" I hissed. "Never!"

"What's that? I can't hear you from up hear." He was taking it a little too far with the height advantage. "Was that an apology?"

"Yeah, it was."

He seemed taken back. "What the hell? No, it wasn't."

"So you could hear me." I glanced at him slyly.

"That's not the point! Apologise! Now!"

"Fine. But you gotta give me the Switch first." I negotiated. "Right now, you have the upper hand, because you've got something of mine. Therefore, I can't trust you, unless I also have something of yours, or you give me back my Switch."

To any intelligent human, my logic would've sounded absurdly unreasonable. But lucky for me, Kuroo didn't classify as an intelligent human. He thought about it for a moment, and, as expected, agreed. "Okay, fine." He handed the Switch over. "Now, my apology, if you please."

"What apology?" I said, in a nonchalant manner.

He gaped at me. It took seconds for him to realise that he'd just got played. I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears. But his voice was dangerously calm. "Kenma... have I ever told you how much of a sly, sneaky little shit you are?"

I wasn't fazed. "Yeah. Many times, actually."

~~~~

After putting up with Kuroo's antics for a bit longer, I finally arrived home. "Mum, I'm home!"

"Oh, Kenma! How was training?" My mother asked, rather cheerfully.

"Alright, I guess."

I had already dropped by the convenience store, and eaten dinner, so I headed straight to my room. Thank god, it was only 7:50. I had agreed to play with WhiteFire13 at eight, and I'd feel bad if I was late again. I quickly logged on.