3. DEATHMATCH

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"Kenmaaa!!!"

Irritated, I turned towards the tall, grey haired boy. "Did you see that, Kenma? That was awesome, right?"

"Not really." I shrugged indifferently. This guy still had a lot to learn. 'A lot', as in a shit ton.

"Damn it!" Lev groaned, clearly disappointed. So am I, you're not special. But within seconds, his cheerful smile returned. "Kenma, you wanna go again?"

Really? We've been at it for ages. He couldn't seriously expect to improve with one training session.

"No, that's it for me today." I replied, heading to the sidelines. Sighing, I sat down and fished out my Switch, the only thing keeping me sane at school these days.

"Hey, you good, buddy?" Kuroo bent down in front of me, with one hand annoyingly resting on my head.

"Yeah, just tired." I answered, continuing with my gaming. This stupid dinosaur dragon thing just wouldn't die, and it was really starting to tick me off.

"Alright, good work boys," Kuroo called out. "That's it for today."

He turned to me again. "At least go help pack up. Then we'll head home."

"Fine." I stopped my game. He was lucky I was already close to dying, and didn't want to suffer another defeat.

~~~~

After getting off the bus, Kuroo walked beside me, while I gamed away, still attempting to kill that same dragon.

I felt a sudden tug on the back of my collar, dragging me backwards, just in time for a car to speed past, right where I would've been. "Oi, watch out bro," Kuroo chided. "You nearly got run over."

"Oh. Okay." My eyes remained glued to my game.

"What do you mean "okay"? Do you realise how dangerous that was? You need to put that game down once in a while." He scolded, clearly unsatisfied with my reply. "If you keep that up, you're gonna die very soon."

"That would be lovely, actually."

"HUH?! KENMA, YOU IDIOT!" His response was over dramatic, as per usual. "Do you know what you're saying? You need to stop with the suicidal jokes. They're not funny."

"Don't worry. I'll end it soon." I'd admit, I said that on purpose. It was funny seeing him mad.

Kuroo went silent for a bit, no doubt processing what I'd just said. This will take a while, considering he has a grand total of five brain cells in there. Then came his incredibly delayed reaction. "Oh my god..." He rubbed his temples, as if I'd just given him a headache. "Kenma, for real?"