v. mr perfect & frost

Start from the beginning

     "Hold up," A voice begins to approach them, and both Charlie and Roy turn their heads to see Tonks sliding her legs over the bench at Gryffindor Table and seating herself beside Charlie, her magenta hair shining like blinklights in the Hall. "Did you just say that Roy is an amazing life coach?"

     "I did!" Charlie answers, his voice definitive. "Me and Avery talked last night!"

     Tonks spoons some porridge ino her mouth, gulping down the scalding hot substance. She looks at them expectantly. "And?"

     Roy narrows his eyes at Tonks. "She didn't go all cold-frosty-bitch on him — well, he said they argued at first, but then they got on an even platform with each other. Just like I said!"

     Charlie sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose with his two fingers. "Are you really gonna call her cold-frosty-bitch from now on?" He says, his tone laced with exasperation.

     "Only if I have to." Roy replies indignantly, a smirk playing on his lips.

     "Okay," Tonks says, dragging attention back onto her and her raging war with trying to cool down the burning bowl of porridge. Once satisfied her tongue wasn't going to become disembodied, she looks at the two boys. "What next, then?"

     "What do you mean, what's next?" Roy questions disapprovingly. (He disliked having someone question his master-life coaching plans or, even worse, someone making him think.)

     Tonks sighs exasperatedly at Roy's disregard, and focuses her gaze upon Charlie, whose eyebrows were furrowed curiously. "You two talked," She says. "What now?"

     Charlie seems slightly taken aback by this question, his face contorting and discontorting as he ravaged his thoughts. "Erm — I mean, I guess we should... talk more?"

     "Exactly," Tonks says, a hint of self-assurance within her tone. "You want the two of you to be friends, so you guys should talk more. The question is how exactly will it happen?"

     "He should obviously wait for the right moment, shouldn't he?" Roy asserts confidently. "Exactly like my advice said yesterday, and it was successful."

     "Yes, but your advice was so yesterday, Roy." Tonks dismisses. "He needs to take the next step. You need to ask yourself questions on how you two can take things to the next level. For example, I have a hot date later on! And I couldn't have asked her out had I not found a way to get to that stage. So, yeah."

     "You have a date?" Roy says. "Who with?"

     "I'm not telling you!" Tonks giggles, wagging her finger in Roy's deplored face. "Anyways, Charlie, you need to go talk to her. Instead of waiting for the moment, he should seize the moment! Go after it yourself!"

     "Yeah, but — how am I gonna do that?" Charlie questions, staring at Tonks with deliberation. Roy looks aggravated Charlie was taking the advice of someone other than his official life coach. "I can't exactly interrupt her plans—"

     Tonks groans overexcessively. "You boys are so clueless!" Roy and Charlie look at her questioningly, then shifting their gazes to each other, plainly perplexed at whatever the hell the pink-haired Hufflepuff was frustrated over. Tonks raises her eyebrows at them, flames dancing within her hazel-sparked irises.

     "Okay." Tonks says, a definitive sigh escaping her lips. "Avery Carmichael is a Ravenclaw. And if you boys paid any attention, you would know the Ravenclaw quidditch trials are taking place this fine Saturday afternoon. And if you boys paid some more attention, you would know that one of her best friends, Rowan Hamilton, was the Ravenclaw quidditch captain. One plus one equals two, and—"