8) i'm here → yeonkai

current time: january 2018

yeonjun and huening kai became roommates for four months.

within those three months, their friendship bond became so strong that yeonjun started considering him as his younger brother, while huening kai considered him as his cool older brother who would help him with everything.

one fine day, huening kai finally found the time to sleep after a whole year. after taking a shower at night, he finished putting the band-aid on his leg cut that he got from practice and decided to take a long nap with three of his plushies. he was happy that he was going to sleep long enough today.

as time passed from eleven at night to midnight, yeonjun arrived inside the dorm hostel, all sweaty and tired. his legs were almost about to give out from the extra practice he did than other trainees. after arriving at his dorm room, he got inside and closed the door loudly but he was glad it didn't wake huening kai up.

even though he was tired, he managed to take a shower to cool down but after getting out, his legs gave out and he fell down on the bedroom floor. this led to huening kai waking up slightly to see what happened and when he found yeonjun holding his leg in pain, the sleep from his eyes immediately went away and he quickly climbed down from the top bunk.

"aish, this hurts a lot" yeonjun whispered to himself, holding onto his leg.

"hyung, are you fine? what's wrong?!" huening kai held onto yeonjun's leg along with him.

"i-i'm fine, it's just-"

"no! hyung, no. you're clearly not fine. i can feel it" he said "and i can see it as well" he looked over to yeonjun holding his legs as a tear slid down his eye.

huening kai held yeonjun's shoulders while rubbing them.

"let me take care of you"

yeonjun got up from the support of huening kai's arm around him. even though huening kai was shorter than him, he didn't find any difficulty holding him upright. after placing him on his bed, he decided to massage his leg with the pain relief spray.

"hyung, how many times did i tell you not to overwork yourself? you're a human, not a robot. these past days i've noticed that you've been coming in later than me and the other trainees. you should take care of yourself, hyung. something worse would've happ-"

yeonjun stopped him from massaging his leg, as two tears slipped from both of his eyes. huening kai looked at him and got worried while he reached out for the tissue box.

"h-hyung, did i say something-"

"kai-ah,"

"yeah?"

yeonjun held his hand with both of his own and smiled at him through his watery eyes.

there was silence for about 4 minutes until huening kai put his hand on top of yeonjun's.

"hyung, are you mad at me?"

"no. i'm just- just...you know, i became a trainee under bighit in 2015"

huening kai didn't say anything but just listened to his hyung.

"2015 was the year, when i finally joined this agency. everyone told me not to, because at that time, nobody even knew about this agency well enough, let alone knowing bts. but i was still glad to meet and make friends. wooyoung, won-sang hyung, hwan, seosang, yeosang..."

yeonjun smiled, as huening kai wiped his tears away.

"but- one by one, they all left. and now...some of them are even going to debut this year"

after a long pause, huening kai finally decided to say something.

"hyung...are you scared...about being able to debut, or not?"

yeonjun looked down, as he started crying softly.

kai hugged him tightly as yeonjun cried while clinging onto him.

after a few minutes, yeonjun broke the hug while they sat down.

"hyung...i believe that you will debut. we will debut. together. i have this feeling that our debut date is close but we just have to wait for a while. hyung, i know that- you must be feeling angry at my words because you've been a trainee longer than i have. but...i want you to rely on me. even if i'm one of the youngest ones here, i'm here. i'm always here for you, hyung" he ended, as he started crying along with yeonjun.

both held onto each other, while crying both tears of joy and sadness.

"you know, i always say this...but i'm so glad to have found someone like you, kai" yeonjun said, while comforting huening kai. "i will say this forever, because i'm always happy with you".

"m-me too. hyung, i'm here"

"i'm here for you as well" yeonjun said, while huening kai rested his head on his chest.

both of them smiled to each other and before they knew it, they fell asleep in each other's arms due to the tiredness that took over them.

who knew, that fate finally listened to them?

.

.

.

.

.

author's note:

i'm here to provide an emotional one-shot <3

+ i can't wait for august! we are finally getting a japanese single named "everlasting shine"! i'm ready to hear some aesthetic vocals and a fine rap part.