"Do you want to take a seat, West?"

I walked over to my desk.

As he followed me, there, I noticed his bandaged wrist.

"How was the treatment for Brown Wolves?"

"It was alright." He gestured to his wrist. "And all the Brown Wolves are doing alright, too, according to Anna."

"And..." I hesitated.

"What is it, Weslyn?"

"And what about Blayze?"

"He told me he was alright."

I let out a breath that I didn't realise I held.

"However..." he trailed off. "Tomorrow is the full moon. He told me he had to go... To their Pack House. He had to leave. Because... He is responsible for the Brown Wolves. And when it is full moon, tomorrow, he is responsible for their control. And he told me to let you know that he had to leave."

"Maybe, it's for the best."

He took the seat across from my desk.

"Are you alright?" West asked.

"Yes."

I gave him the best smile I could manage but I knew even he would not be convinced.

"Weslyn... Really. Are you alright?"

"No. But... I will be."

"Then, what is on your mind, Weslyn?"

"I know I have to send him off."

He looked surprised. "What?"

"Blayze made me realise that it is only right for me to send him off."

"Look, Weslyn, if you need more time, I can understand."

"I do need more time, West," I whispered. "But... No. I have to send him off as soon as possible. I am not myself. And I realise that the reason for that is him. The reason is his Soul. But, I can't hurt people I love, anymore. I can't hurt Blayze. I can't hurt you and Anna. And I can't hurt myself. I can't hurt the people who are, here, for Liam, who is not here, anymore.  I have to be myself. And. we all need to be at peace. So... I need to have the Ceremony. I have to send him off.

"I understand."

"But I do need more time, in a different regard, West, and because of that I need your help."

I could see the affection in his expression as he responded.

"I would do anything for you, Weslyn."

"I need time for myself before I can lead our Pack as an Alpha. It could take days, week, months, years... I don't know. But... I need more time. Time... To be myself and at peace with my regrets. I need time for myself."

"And what would you need my help for?"

"I need you to take on my position in that time."

I could sense his apprehension.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't think it would be right for me."

"Why?"

"Why?" he repeated. "You know why, Weslyn. I have had the position of Alpha before and that position, had twisted me... It turned me into a monster. It wouldn't be right for me. And... It wouldn't be right for the pack, to have a twisted monster like me, as their Alpha. That's why, Weslyn, I don't think it would be right of me."

"But you're not twisted, now, West."

He stared into my eyes.

And I could understand him.

He had been twisted by the power of the position, before, and was terrified that he would be twisted, again. He was terrified he would hurt the people he loved. He was terrified that he would turn into a monster. 

He was as terrified I was at that time.

But we were also different

He was terrified though he had no reason to be terrified.

He only had to understand that.

"You have changed. You are not the West you were when I met you. You are not twisted. And you are not a monster. You have changed, West. And... I believe in you. "

He smiled.

"It means everything to me that you believe in me."

"I love you," I murmured.

"I love you, too, Weslyn."

And then, we both turned towards the door, as we sensed it open.

"Alpha."

It was Luis.

But there was also an unfamiliar scent that lingered by him.

"Alpha, there is a woman, a Gray Wolf - from the South - here to see you."

"The South?"

"She claimed that she is from the Blood Pack."

The Blood Pack?

The same Pack that is known for their hostility towards Brown Wolves?

I exchanged glances with West.

And I could tell we both had the same thought.

If this woman was from the Blood Pack, as she claimed, she could help us negotiate with the Blood Pack, which even our father had not achieved, when he was Alpha, before us.

I nodded. "Let her in, Luis."

Luis returned, within a minute, with a woman at his side.

I did not recognise her.

And though I did not recognise her there was something about her that I did not like.

I instinctively flinched as she approached me.

And as she did there was one question on my mind...

Who was she?

"Liana... Where is Liana?"

She knew my mother.

"Liana Grayson is dead," I replied. "It has been months since she killed herself."

A desperate sob escaped her lips and I looked up at her face.

And even though there were tears coursing down her cheeks I could see her eyes. 

They were just like mine: dark; clouded with grief. But more than anything else... They were painfully familiar.

She was unfamiliar.

But her eyes were... Familiar.

"You l-look like her," she managed. "You look like my friend... Liana."

"What do you want?"

She looked at me in surprise.

And I knew why.

The hostility in my voice would surprise anyone and everyone I knew.

But, again, I did not like her.

"W-what?"

"I don't think you would have come from the Blood Pack, at this hour, to see my mother alone. What do you want?"

There was a pause before she answered.

"I..." she stuttered. "I h-heard that my son died."