Please Ignore Me

The phone on the table buzzed for the third time that day. Tsukishima looked over at it from his spot on the couch. He sighed and turned his attention back to the TV. A day had passed since he brought Yamaguchi home. He really should check in on how he was doing, but he couldn't even bring himself to look at the messages between them.

*Bzz Bzz*

He forced his eyes to stay focused on the television, but he felt the curiosity creeping up his spine, and down his arm. He sighed once more. The itching in this fingers was overwhelming; he shook his head as he reached over to the table for his phone.

Yamaguchi

9:03am:  Heyyy! You awake??

10:58am:  Hey, thanks for taking me home yesterday, sorry that I didn't tell you that you were my emergency contact, I never thought it would be used.

11:36am:  Is everything okay? Have you lost your phone? Well that would be a dumb thing to text if you have. Ignore this.

12:12pm:  Did something happen last night? Are you maybe ignoring me? I don't actually remember what happened but... I'm really sorry Tsuki, I promise I'll make it up to you.

Tsukishima's heart felt heavy. He didn't want to ignore Yamaguchi, but, each time he thought about his friend or read his messages, his heart would hurt. He didn't like it. He decided he would send him a message to stop the bombardment of texts. 

Tsukishima

12:15pm:  Nothing happened. I have a migraine. Don't want to look at a screen today. 

After a somewhat relieved "get well soon" message from Yamaguchi, Tsukishima locked his phone and placed it back on the table. He rubbed his eyes from under his glasses and sighed. He didn't have a migraine, but his head did hurt. His thoughts seemed more flooded than usual. There was a stiff feeling in his throat, and for once, he didn't know the answer. 

For the rest of the day, he occupied his mind with movies and music. He decided he would sleep on it, maybe the feeling would stop.