"I am starving. Can we have lunch first??" I pleaded.

"I am starving too. C'mon, I know a place where we can have lunch. My team mates go there very often. It's Italian. You good with that??" Liam asked.

"Are you kidding?? I am great with that. I love Italian cuisine." I chirped.

____________________

The restaurant was at a 5-7 minute walking distance from the bus station. I sighed heavily when we finally reached. I am not a big fan of walking in the bright sun.

It was a small, cozy place with a sign board on the top that read 'ITALIO'. There were a few empty white tables and chairs placed outside with the main eating area being inside. It had shiny brown tables with cute little brown chairs with colourful cushions placed on them. I was already in love with the place. Every table had a small flower pot right in the centre. It looked beautiful.
The ceiling was decorated with very small dream catchers of pink, blue, yellow, green, red and orange colours. The interior was so funky with all the colours and paintings. It looked vibrant. Considering the crowd, I figured this is a go-to place for people.

There was a middle-aged woman behind the cash counter busy counting money and handing over the bills to the customers. We took our seat near the window and picked up the menu book.

A young guy, probably in his early twenties, came up to us and greeted us. He took our orders and after assuring us to make ourselves comfortable, rushed to another table. I ordered caprese salad with pesto sauce while Liam wanted to eat mushroom rissoto.

While we were waiting for our food, I noticed that Liam was constantly looking at the menu book. He was looking weird, infact nervous. His phone was buzzing nonstop and he was ignoring it. It was getting on my nerves now. I have been patient all day but now I am done. Next time when his phone buzzed, I tried to answer it but before I could do that, Liam grabbed it from my hands harshly and spoke.

"Don't touch my phone." he said angrily and irritated. I was taken aback by his harsh behaviour.
But I recovered quickly and decided to confront him about his jittery and harsh behaviour.

"What is wrong with you?? You look like you've pissed your pants. I have been noticing you all day. You have been acting weird from the moment you saw me at campus today and now you're shouting at me. If you didn't wanted to come, you should have told me. I never forced you to come anyway." I snapped back at him, unaware that the young waiter put our plates in front of us and left.

"It's not that." Liam mumbled.

"Then what is it. Tell me." I snapped back again.

"Look, if I tell you, you have to promise you won't hate me. Promise??" Liam said nervously.

"Okay. I promise." I assured him. "Now tell me what is it that you did."

He took a deep breath and started telling me everything that has been happening since the last few days.

"The guys from the team.... they have seen you with me and they were asking about you ; stuff like your name, where you're from, your relationship status and all. At first I thought they were just trying to get to know the first year students and I wasn't alarmed, until yesterday." he said and stopped taking a deep breath.

"What happened yesterday Liam??" I asked listening intently. The food in our plates getting cold.

"They asked me your cell phone number. But I didn't tell them. I told them this isn't right and I cannot share your number without your consent. Then they got to know about our outing today, and they threatened me that if I don't introduce them to you, they won't let me play. And Amarra, I have to play. My scholarship depends on the upcoming championship. I am studying here via the sports quota. I cannot afford to lose it. I am really very sorry. I had to tell them we are here and they'll be here any moment. That's why I have been acting like a d-bag all day." Liam confessed with tears in his eyes.

I heard him intently. I heard every word he said. And came up to a conclusion that I have to take matters in my own hands. I understand Liam's condition very well. He was scared but I also know that he won't let me come in harm's way. He tried his best to protect me and now that I know, I have to protect myself.

"Okay.... Tell me one thing. Who are you referring to as 'them'?? It can't be the whole team. It has to be one person. So, who is he??" I asked calmly.

"It's Alex. Alex Anderson. He is one of the co-captains." he said.

"Is he the 'pain in the ass' co captain??" I asked.

"No. That was....forget it. Just tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate me??" Liam asked nervously.

"I don't hate you Liam." I chuckled. "You told me everything before it was too late. Now, I want you to stop fussing over it and let me handle it. Okay??" I assured him putting my hand on his.

"How are you gonna handle it??" he inquired.

"Just trust me on this, okay. I am a New York girl. I know how to handle fuckboys." I said with a killing smirk that made Liam smile.
"Now let's eat before the fuckboys come and ruin our day." I assured him by putting my hand on his wrist and started eating.

_____________________

HELLO READERS,

HERE IS CHAPTER 4 FOR ALL OF YOU AS PROMISED. PLEASE READ IT AND VOTE AND COMMENT. THERE IS NO DEREK IN THIS CHAPTER BUT I PROMISE HE WILL BE THERE IN THE NEXT ONE.

THIS IS MOSTLY WRITTEN FOR STRENGHTENING THE FRIENDSHIP BOND BETWEEN PREETI AND LIAM. THEIR FRIENDSHIP IS GOING TO BE CONSIDERED 'GOALS'.

SO STAY TUNED AND ENJOY THE WEEKEND WITH A BRAND NEW CHAPTER OF 'ALWAYS BETTER TOGETHER'.

THANKYOU Y'ALL

HAPPY READING !!!!

~Preeti