I walked back to my room and finally plopped myself down on my bed. I grabbed my bong from the floor and packed a bowl quickly to help me sleep better. After I was done smoking I set my alarm for ten am and curled myself up with my warm comfy blankets. Before I knew it, I drifted off into my weed induced beauty sleep.

********

The next morning I woke up to my clock violently beeping at me but surprisingly, I wasn't feeling nearly as bad as I thought I was going to. 

I turned my alarm off and struggled to get up. Not because I was tired, but because my mattress was on the floor, so it was always hard to get up. Once I found my balance and could stand up, I made my way to the bathroom to start getting ready for work. 

I got in the shower, washed my hair, face, and body and then quickly jumped out. I dried myself off, and did my make up while I let my hair dry. I did it very minimally, and then threw my pretty much dry hair up into a pony with my scrunchie. I work as a waitress in a shitty bar, so there was never any point in putting a lot of effort into looking nice.  I got dressed in my favourite Adidas button up track pants and my white Adidas crop top and then made my way out to my kitchen. 

I searched my fridge for food but there wasn't much. I decided on two pop tarts since that was all I kinda had as far as breakfast food goes and sat down with my plate. As I was eating my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I answered it and was met with an automated voice. 

"Hello. This call is being recorded and monitored. An inmate from Clinton Correctional Facility is trying to reach you. This is a collect call. Would you like to accept?" 

"Yes!" I said with a mouth full of pop tart.  

A few second laters my brothers voice boomed through the speaker. "Yo." 

"Ai! How you doin'?" His full name is Aidan, but everyone just calls him Ai. 

"Fuck, I'm aight. I just wanted to give you a call and see what you've been up too?" 

"Not a lot, I've just been workin' all week. What have you been doin'?" 

"I had a meeting with my lawyer the other day. She said I might be able to get parole soon." 

My eyes lit up. "Don't play with me right now Ai! Are you being serious?!" I squealed.  

"Hell yeah. I would never joke 'bout gettin' outta the pen." He laughed. 

"Did they tell you when?!" 

"Nah, no dates yet. Just soon." I lost a bit of my excitement, 'soon' can mean a million different things. 

"Okay, well when they ask you where you're going to be staying when you're released you tell them my address, yeah? I'll clear out a room for you."

"Yeah, I know. Thanks Angel."

"Ahh, what are big sisters for?" I laughed. 

"I also got somethin' else to tell you, but you can't freak out." 

"What did you do Aidan?" My voice got stern. Even though he was nineteen, and only three years younger than me, I was essentially his parent. Our mom died when I was eleven, and our dad became an addict shortly after, which left me with the parental role. 

"Nothin'! It's good, I swear." 

"Okay, what?"

"I got a friend in here whose got ties to Bad Boy." I raised my eyebrow waiting for him to finish. "So I gave him your demo and he's gonna pass it along to some executive there."