Rei's Soft Spot

Rei didn't hide her annoyance when Meliodas managed to make Elizabeth change into the scrumpy waitress uniform for the tavern. She could see Elizabeth actually liking it but the only problem Rei had was how short it is Meliodas tried to get her to wear it so Elizabeth wouldn't feel so "lonely" and would love to have someone "match with her" but Rei knew it was just one of his tricks and slapped him across the head for her response.

"So, what's this new outfit for?" Elizabeth asked with a slight blush on her cheeks.

Meliodas gave her the thumbs up of approval before saying, "It's the tavern uniform!"

"Way to put your pervy thoughts on display there, dude," Hawk grunted.

Rei rolled her eyes as Meliodas began to "inspect" Elizabeth. She had the blank look on her face as she said, "Basically, he wants you to wait on tables, but to also keep your ears open in case you hear some rumors about the whereabouts of the other Seven Deadly Sins." A small annoying vein appeared on Rei's head as Meliodas went behind Elizabeth and lifted up her skirt. "And maybe collect some intel on the Holy Knights, too."

Elizabeth let out a yelp at the sudden breeze. "Oh, don't worry, I just need to conduct a size check," Meliodas explained.

Hawk pulled the Sinner to the side and started hitting him. "You moron! You're scaring away the only other person that could bring people in!"

Elizabeth looked at Rei. "Are you going to wear something like this, Rei?"

"I rather eat Meliodas's food," Rei stated. "There's no way I'm going to be wearing something like that."

Meliodas grinned as he stood behind Rei with a uniform in his hands. "I told you...she'll be lonely wearing this by herself."

Rei sighed with her eyes closed as she brought her fist up and slammed it on top of Meliodas's head. "You know I don't do skirts. If you can call it that." She gave him a side glare. "If you ask me one more time, I'll make sure to hang you on the tavern roof butt naked while we go to the next town."

Meliodas had a suggested look on his face. "Is that a threat or a promise?"

The vein on Rei's forehead got bigger before she grabbed the bar stool and swung it at her friend. Meliodas went flying towards the other side of the room. "You're an idiot."

Elizabeth looked towards the duo. She couldn't help but wonder what kind of relationship Rei and Meliodas had. "Um...Rei, can I ask you something?" she asked. The girl gave her a nod before she went around the bar to start making herself a coffee. "Are you and Meliodas...Are you guys together?"

And Rei froze at her question. Elizabeth mentally jumped back in fright as the raven-haired girl stayed quiet for a good minute or two. The thing that terrified her the most is when Rei started laughing as if Elizabeth said the funniest thing in the world.

"You've got to be kidding me?!" Rei laughed as she banged her hand on the table. "Me and that old perv, no way!" Even Hawk was on his back laughing. Suddenly, Rei stopped and went back to her blank expression. "No, we're just friends. Meliodas saved me a while back so I owed him my life." She had a scary expression when she saw her friend get up. "He only flirts with me because he knows I hate it."

"Yeah, it's funny seeing you angry," Meliodas said as he finally stood up. He went over and pulled the girl's hood down. "Especially when I tell you to keep this thing down."

Rei glared at him as a small growl came from her throat. A bit of relief washed over Elizabeth as she watched the two friends.

"Umm...Sir Meliodas," her attention was directed towards the Sinner. "There's something I've been wanting to ask you." Meliodas got her full attention. "The Seven Deadly Sins...Are you really that wicked? Are you all terrible criminals like the rest of the world says? And if you are, what awful crime did you commit?"