gold & red

Back to the Spirit Oasis, rays of sunlight beam down on Zuko, who remains imprisoned in the ice, his head bent down. He feels the heat and sharply raises his head. With a determined look on his face, he breathes steam from his nose, melting the ice quickly. He lands on the ground and fires a blast at Katara, who had her back turned to him at that moment. She turns around swiftly and attempts to deflect the blast by conjuring a water shield; however, she creates the shield too late. The blast sends her slamming into the gate to the Spirit World, knocking her out. Smoke from the impact fills the screen.  Zuko standing over her, as Rin with glowing eyes now stand ready to fight blocking him from his goal.
" You rise with the moon ... I rise with the sun." He says more to katara as he looked at the female in front of him.

"Move, or less."

"Go ahead and try." Rin takes in a deep breath as zuko shots fireballs at her. Rin breaths fire once again but makes a dragon shocking zuko as he watched the golden flames dance at her finger tips. The dragon shots forward at him making him drop to the ground knowing he has to beat her. Rin watches his movements carefully as she doesn't know who was his teacher and doesn't want the Prince to imprison the avatar. Zuko sees that the dragon is a puppet of type and now sees a way to stop her, getting off the ground he moves fast to close combat. Rin was shocked at this and quickly moves the dragon she made but only to have zuko grab her left hand throwing her to the ground and the dragon break apart.

"To bad your on the wrong side," zuko said before hitting the ember eyed girl  on the back of the neck making he go limp. After some time Katara, whose eyes suddenly snap open as she regains consciousness, only to realize Aang is gone. She crawls around, desperately searching for him.
"  Aang!" Katara yelled looking around until she sees Rin on the ground not far, Sokka and Yue enter on Appa.
"What happened? Where's Zuko?" Sokka asked running up to katara.
Katara Dismayed sais,"He took Aang. He took him right out from under us."
Katara lifts Rins head setting Rins head on her lap waiting for the teen to wake up as sokka asks to himself,"Where did they go ..."
" I can't believe I lost him."
Sokka and Yue standing beside Katara, who is kneeling on the ground.
"You did everything you could, and now we need to do everything we can to get him back. " Katara who looks up at her brother, tears in her eyes.
" Zuko can't have gotten far. We'll find him. Aang's gonna be fine."
" Okay." Closes eyes and gets up.  Momo remains motionless on the ground as  Katara having mounted the Appa," It's all right. You stay here, Momo, in case Aang comes back. Watch over Rin."
"  Yip, yip."

~{ time skip}~

Rin groans a bit sitting up as she saw some fire nation people by the pound, rubbing her eyes she sees it was the one person she has been running from since the death of her mother.... Zhao.

She could see he has a bag in hand and ready to grab one from the fish but before he could she sent a fire ball at them. Shock was written on their faces.

"How dare you shot at us! State your name!" Zhao yelled with anger, things never change rin throught.

"Why should I? Or have you forgotten father.." rin said with a growl as her eyes glowed gold. Zhao was shocked to stay the least that his daughter was here.

"You were here? For how long?" He asked steady to fight the girl along with some of his soldiers.

"Why does it matter? You only saw me as a tool to get close to the fire lord am I wrong?" She said with vemon in her voice as her eyes looked straight into his making him freeze. Rin takes a deep breath as one of the soldiers shot a fire ball at her when Zhao was about to shout stop a golden dragon appears from the girl making the soldier scream holding his arm. Zhao was in under disbelief seeing her skills grow to this, a golden dragon.  Her raven black hair was flowing behind her as her eyes shined from the moonlight, her dragon moved around her as a dragon keeping a princess safe from harm. She suddenly moved her hand forward sending the dragon into the rest of the soldiers as unknowingly one has gotten behind her, she anger and rage had her only forced on what is in front of her. All her training of keeping a calm mind for this moment she will see her father once again, all that went out the window when he stepped foot near the pound. Rin was about to send her golden dragon at Zhao until she felt fire hit her back letting a painful cry leave her and was pinned to the ground making the dragon disappear. Zhao had a smirk on his lips seeing his daughter has grown stronger but still weak to emotions, Zhao walks to the pound and grabs Tui from the water, placing it in a sack. The moon goes red, followed by everything else.  Rin was screaming to let the fish go as tears built up in her eyes. She felt her blood boil seeing the moon blood red as her own father wants to end the water benders. Her friends, her second family, her hope to be different from the fire nation.