𝟦𝟢. 𝖬𝗒𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝖦𝗂𝗋𝗅.

Kim Hongjoong.
November 2nd, 1980. | Sunday, 1:45 AM.

          That Monday, Hongjoong walks to school feeling anxious

That Monday, Hongjoong walks to school feeling anxious. He wasn't exactly sure why he felt anxious, hands clammy and sweating profoundly despite the cool air hitting his face, until he landed eyes on Seonghwa, the older standing by the entrance as he always did. The black-haired male was staring down at his shoes, fidgeting with his fingers with tired eyes, yawning occasionally.

Hongjoong freezes up for a moment, staring at the figure before moving against a tree to hide, gazing down at his shoes. He wasn't ready to face Seonghwa, not with the new known fact that he likes boys, and for the fact that Hongjoong embarrassingly admitted the situation between him and Wooyoung. The blonde shook his head, running his fingers through his hair, he needs to get himself out of this headspace. He already had this conversation with Minhyuk, and Minhyuk scolded him multiple times for continuously thinking like this.

"Just because they like boys doesn't mean they're a whole different person," Hongjoong whispers to himself, placing a shaky hand over his pounding chest. Hongjoong should be happy for Seonghwa because now he could express his thoughts and feelings openly to Hongjoong, and trust him more — all Hongjoong has to do is give the same energy. He slowly shifts away from the tree, smoothing out the wrinkles on his sweater, and begins to make his way towards the sleepy black-haired male. "Good morning, Blondie!" Hongjoong exclaims brightly, smiling widely at Seonghwa, startling him before earning a small smile back. Hongjoong's smile flattened due to the lack of energy from his friend, tilting his head to the side. "Something wrong?"

Seonghwa blinks a few times, sleepy, with a frown on his face before shaking his head. "Hadn't slept well, so I'm a little sleepy."

"Ah, that's no good. Let's go up to the library so you could rest for a little while." Hongjoong says in a small pout, lightly tugging on Seonghwa's sweater. The older nods his head, following Hongjoong with his sleeve in his hold. "Say... why are you walking like that?"

"Walking like what?" Seonghwa asked, tilting his head towards Hongjoong, a faint pink dusting his cheeks.

Hongjoong opens the stairwell's door and examines Seonghwa's posture, seeing that he was slightly limping and slouching his back. "Like an old man! You're limping like you've broken a leg, are you sure you're okay?"

Seonghwa awkwardly laughs, "Yeah, I-I'm fine. Hit my leg on the way to school."

"You must've hit it pretty bad, you're like a limping dog! Hopefully, the pain will wear off during the day," Hongjoong mutters, hands behind his head as they made their way upstairs to the library.