LGBTQ+ Terms

Disclaimer: Most of these terms are modified from https://www.glaad.org/reference/lgbtq, https://www.glaad.org/amp/ace-guide-finding-your-community, https://www.glaad.org/blog/what-pansexuality-4-pan-celebs-explain-their-own-words, and https://asexuality.org/ and repurposed for the omegaverse.

EDIT: 6/20/21 I was informed that there was a term that I didn't have and didn't know. That term is "omnisexual" ( https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sexopedia/a33472132/omnisexual ). I also added "demisexual" ( https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a36736/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-demisexual ).

Aromantic: An individual who has no romantic attraction to others. It's important to note that being aromantic doesn't mean the person lacks emotional and/or personal connections. Rather, they have no instinctual need to develop connections of a romantic nature. Someone who is aromantic may also seek a platonic relationship to help with their emotional needs.

Asexual: An adjective used to describe people who do not experience sexual attraction. Unlike celibacy, which is a choice to abstain from sexual activity, asexuality is an intrinsic part of an asexual individual, just like other sexual orientations. Many asexual people may experience attraction that can be romantic, aesthetic, or sensual, but don't cause the individual to feel the need to act on those in a sexual manner. For some asexual people, arousal is sometimes felt, but the desire for partnered sex is not.

Bisexual: An individual who is physically, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to people of the same primary or secondary sex (i.e. men being attracted to men; alphas being attracted to alphas) while also being attracted to people of another primary or secondary sex (i.e. same man also being attracted to women; same alpha being attracted to betas). The term may also be shortened to, "bi."

Biphobia: Fear of bisexuals. Often based on stereotypes of inaccurate associations with infidelity, promiscuity, and the transmission of sexually transmitted infections. More accurately is known as an intolerance, bias, or prejudice towards bisexual people.

Cisgender: A term used to describe people who are not transgender.

Demisexual: An individual who feels the need to have a strong emotional connection with someone in order to feel sexual attraction towards a person.

Designation Identity: An individual's internal, deeply held sense of their designation. An individual may identify as the designation they presented as (i.e. alpha identifying as an alpha) or they may identify with another designation (i.e. an identifying omega presented as a beta).

Gay: An adjective used to describe people who are physically, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to people of the same primary sex (i.e. men attracted to other men, women attracted to other women) or secondary sex (i.e. alphas attracted to other alphas, omegas attracted to other omegas). Gay is advised to be used instead of the term, "homosexual," which can be seen as derogatory or offensive.

Gender Dysphoria: The condition where an individual feels as though their emotional and psychological identity is different than their sex. I.e. an identifying male was assigned the primary sex female at birth. Or, an identifying omega presented as the secondary sex beta at puberty.

Gender Expression: External manifestations of gender, expressed through societal cues of what is masculine or feminine.

Gender Identity: An individual's internal, deeply held sense of their gender. Unlike gender expression, gender identity is not visible to others.

Gender Non-Conforming: A term used to describe an individual whose gender expression is different than the conventional expectations of masculinity and femininity.

Heterosexual: An adjective used to describe people who are physically, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to people of a different primary sex (i.e. man attracted to a woman) or secondary sex (i.e. alpha attracted to an omega) from their own.

Homosexual: Outdated clinical term used to describe an individual who is attracted to other individuals of the same sex (i.e. man attracted to other men, omegas attracted to other omegas). Considered to be derogatory and offensive.

Homophobia: Fear of people attracted to the same sex. More accurately known as the intolerance, bias, or prejudice towards the LGBTQ+ community.

Intersex: An umbrella term used for an individual born with reproductive or sexual anatomy and/or chromosome pattern that can't be classified as typically male or female.

Lesbian: A primary sex woman who is physically, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to other primary sex women. I.e. in the Baby Mine series, Sharon (a beta woman) who is mated to Natasha (an omega woman).

LGBTQ: Acronym for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer. Sometimes, the Q can also stand for questioning.

Non-binary and/or genderqueer: Terms used by some individuals who experience their gender identity and/or gender expression as being outside of the societal norms of man and woman, or alpha, beta, and omega.

Omnisexual: Being romantically and/or sexually attracted to individuals regardless of their sex and gender identities but may have specific attractions to specific traits and/or aspects with specific sexes and identities. Such as being attracted to someone of a different sex/identity may feel different than being attracted to someone of a same sex/identity. Where pansexuality is sometimes described as being, "gender blind," omnisexuality is where an individual sees and acknowledges their partner's sex and/or identity. Such as, omnisexual people find certain traits (either physical or personality wise) attractive but only when displayed by a certain sex/identity. For example, someone may like when an omega is territorial, but not when an alpha is.

Out: An individual who identifies as LGBTQ in their personal, public, and/or professional lives.

Outing: The act of publicly revealing another person's sexual orientation, gender identity, or designation identity without the individual's consent. Typically done based on rumor or speculation, and is considered inappropriate to do.

Pansexual: The physical, romantic, and/or emotional attraction to individuals of all gender identities and designation identities. Or attraction to an individual regardless of their gender/designation identities.

Queer: An adjective used by some individuals whose sexual orientation isn't exclusively heterosexual. Typically used by individuals who find the terms lesbian, gay, and bisexual to be too limiting and/or the cultural connotations don't apply to them. Although the term queer has been reclaimed by some people in the LGBT community, it's not universally accepted.

Sexual Orientation: Scientifically accurate term for an individual's physical, romantic, and/or emotional attraction to members of the same and/or different primary or secondary sex.

Transgender: When an individual's identity is different than what they've been assigned. Either a) an individual's gender identity is different than their assigned primary sex, i.e. a person may have been assigned male or female, but they identify with the other, or neither, sex than what they've been assigned. Such as being assigned with female genitals, but identifying as male. Or b) an individual's designation identity is different than what they've presented as. I.e. an individual presenting as an alpha, but identifying as an omega.

Transition: Complex process that occurs over a period of time where an individual alters their assigned primary sex or presented secondary sex to better represent the sex they identify as. I.e. an individual telling one's family, friends, and/or coworkers; using a different name and/or pronouns; dressing differently; changing one's name, sex, and/or designation on legal documents; hormone therapy; possibly undergoing one or more types of surgeries. The exact steps involved during an individual's transition vary from person to person.