Monster

I look around.
Everyone is looking at me in fear.

"Tendou is here!?"

"Tendou? That monster?!"

Everybody is now whispering about me.

"Someone get the guards!"
The guards are rushing at me. I book it towards the exit. But there are guards there already. They surround me. I can't do anything. Just then the king stops them.

"Back away from him." He demands.

"But sir! He's a demon!"

The king glances at the guard who spoke. "Silence." The king walks up to me. I get on my knees and keep my head down. "I'm sorry your highness...I'm very sorry..." He kneels down in front of me. "How are you a monster? I don't really understand. Sit up and tell me who you are." I sit up and I say, "I am...Satori Tendou. I live here in Shirivil."

The king stands up and extends his hand. I take it and he helps me to my feet.
"Why is everyone saying you are a monster Tendou?.." He asks me.
"People say I'm cursed.." I answer. "Are you?" He asks. I shrug as a response.

Magic exists here. But I never had any signs of Magic power. I mean... I would remember right? If I killed somebody with my powers, I'd remember...

"I'll let you off the hook. Please leave as to not cause further chaos and fear here." The king says to me.

I bow and walk out in silence.

I'm walking back home with whispers around every corner. My eyes are filling with tears..
My one chance to be presentable.. I fuck it up.

I walk inside my house and lay on my bed.

Dammit Tendou...if only you didn't let that person look closely at your face...you'd still be able to see his highness..

I close my eyes thinking of what would happen if all of that didn't happen. I want to see him again..the king.

I hear a knock on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone at this time.

I get up and open the door. It's Semi, I let him inside. "How are you doing today Tendou?" I shrug as a response. "I snuck in the castle to attend the ball but I ended up getting caught..haha-" I let out a small laugh but he wasn't laughing.

"Seriously, you could have gotten hurt." He sighs.

"I know..haha-" I respond. Unlike most people here. Semi may think I'm weird, but he isn't scared of me. He knows a bit of magic himself, but that is between me and him.

"So what happened? What did his highness say?" Semi asked.

"He let me go. I'm surprised I wasn't caught and sent into a cell to be tested later on. I mean it would have helped to see if I actually have some kind of magic power." I sit in a chair.

There has to be a reason everyone is scared of me. And why am I the monster when I didn't do anything wrong..

°°TBC°°