CHAPTER EIGHT (PART ONE)

Start from the beginning

Would he dare?!...

Her thoughts were cut short when she heard someone fumble with the room's lock and the second Hussein entered the room, their eyes met and they both quickly looked away, fear once again settling in the depths of her heart.

She nervously bit her lip as she watched him near the bed from the corner of her eye and relief immediately surged through her when all he did was silently plop on the bed and pull the covers over him.

Her relief was however very much short lived because she was immediately hit with the strong stench of alcohol and tobacco causing her heart to sink but what caused her heart to sink even further was the...

Much stronger scent of another woman's perfume!

***

Jaw drop to the floor!

Jaw.

Drop.

To.

The.

Literal.

Floor.

That was the only way one could accurately try to describe Hisham as he stared at his father in utter disbelief.

Hussein too patiently waited for a few minutes so as to allow his son to take it all in but when the only thing Hisham did was continuously gape at him while blinking his eyes from time to time, he couldn't help but say, a stoic expression on his face...

"I am giving you only five more seconds to GET OVER IT!"

Millions of thoughts and millions of questions zapped through Hisham's mind but the only thing he ended up blurting out in the end was...

"That is one mad skeleton you have in your closet!"

"One?" asked Hussein as he quirked his eyebrow at Hisham.

Hisham gulped as he stared at his father, moved a few inches away from him and said...

"Stop scaring the crap out of me. I swear I will scream my lungs out if you try to do anything I would consider haram, illegal or even funny!"

Hussein let out a loud laugh and while staring out into the distance he said...

"The only thing I am trying to tell you Hisham is that there might be a bit too many skeletons in my closet..."

"A bit too many to even try count!"

FLASHBACK...

Passion!

A heartfelt passion!

A heartfelt passion, for nothing else but cooking!

Yasmin delightfully shut her eyes as all the different flavours from her cheesy Spanish omelette and early morning hazelnut coffee, slowly combined and sank into her much eagerly awaiting taste buds.

There were only two words that kept coursing through her mind as she took another humongous bite and those were the words...

SIMPLY DELICIOUS!

A small smile lit up her beautiful face, when she remembered how she always, was cheerfully cooking back home and her smile widened even more when she recalled her dear father's never ending praises.

Her father!

The biggest, most loyal fan of her cooking.

For as long as she could remember, there never ever had been a day that he had failed to shower her with praises for her food, be it a simple sunny side up, plain freshly cut fruits or even water.