Part of Your World (Siren Levi x Reader AU)

Começar do início

Still a bit shocked, you replied, "This is my house. You washed up on the beach with a harpoon in your tail, and...I couldn't just leave you there, but I didn't know where else to bring you, so I put you in my bathtub. I, uh...figured you'd be more comfortable in water."

The male raised an eyebrow, and a hint of surprise entered his gaze. "You saved me?"

You nodded.

"Huh," he mused, regarding you with less disgust than before. "And I assume that was your song I heard as well?"

Your cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "You mean...you heard me singing?"

"I'll take that as a yes," he said flatly. Upon noticing your blush, he added, "You shouldn't be embarrassed, human. Even sirens would kill for a voice like that." Although you thought it was a compliment, his tone sounded harsh.

The male flicked his eyes to his tail, which he gracefully lifted into the air before letting it fall back under the water.

You followed his gaze and remarked, "You healed up pretty quickly once I took the harpoon out. Honestly, it was a bit of a shock."

Keeping his eyes on his tail, he nodded. "Typically, we heal a lot faster than you humans. However, that harpoon was made of iron, which drains our magic. It weakened me enough that I couldn't heal myself. I didn't even have the strength pull it out of me." His gaze fell to the water. Then he added begrudgingly, "I suppose I should thank you."

"You're welcome," you muttered, slightly surprised.

He leveled his gaze at you. "So, why help a siren? Don't you know I'm a monster?"

Your brow furrowed, and you explained quietly, "I've heard the stories, but...when I saw you on that beach, you didn't look like a monster to me. You...you just looked like someone who needed help."

The male was silent for a long time. Then, "What's your name?"

"It's (f/n)".

"(F/n)," he said slowly, as if savoring the taste. You couldn't help but enjoy the way your name sounded on his lips. Then again, you supposed that's what sirens did – they lured you in. "And you're not afraid of me?"

"No," you stated truthfully.

The male regarded you with something like curiosity. "You are...very strange...for a human." His tone didn't sound insulting, just thoughtful.

"And what's your name?" you asked.

A smirk pulled at his lips – a wicked, dangerous thing. "As a thank-you for saving me, human..." His smile grew. "My name is Levi."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, you carried Levi back to the ocean. You placed him in the shallows, a bit sad to see him go. Even though you had only known him for a short while, you couldn't help wishing that he would stay.

Rather than swimming off immediately, Levi turned to face you. "(F/n)..." he began, and for the first time, you saw a hint of softness in his cold eyes, "...if it's not too much trouble, would you come back here and sing for me from time to time?"

Your eyes widened. You were still embarrassed that he had heard you sing, but you weren't ready to say goodbye to him, either. So you swallowed your nerves and murmured, "Of course I'll come back. Every night if you wish."

Levi exhaled. "I do. Thank you."

You nodded. "But...you have to promise me something, too."

"Anything."