Chapter 26: Marielle Lennox

Lexie and I have taken to drinking wine in our impatience and our panic. The men left over an hour ago and we haven't heard a thing, we haven't even heard from Peyton or Marie. Gem is asleep upstairs and we've already made it through a bottle.

I never thought that alcohol would be what I'd resort to, I mean I've never really been a drinker, instead always watching Jerry get absolutely wasted and then waiting for him to get pissed off and attack like he always did.

I always waited impatiently for it, that sounds weird, but I didn't like the waiting. I always wanted him to lash out as quickly as possible so that I'd have time to fix myself up before I went to sleep that night, it was very rare and sometimes it was the only thing stopping me from giving up. I'm just so grateful for my past self for getting through that so that I could be here, comfortable with a glass of wine in my hand waiting for my Rider to come home.

Despite this, we really aren't handling this as well as we'd like.

The door slams open and both Lex and I stand with our guns in hand, pointing at whoever just slammed through the door. We relax when we see Peyton and Marie hurry in. "Ahh! Reign's on his way back now!" Peyton basically lights up and I sigh in relief, it was terrifying watching my best friend who has always been the strongest of us so weak, I don't know what we would've done if Reign hadn't survived. She was already dying, and he was only gone from her for a week.

"Do you know if everyone is alright?"

"Yeah, Mac said none of ours were hurt. One of the Russians were but that's it, everyone is coming home today. Granted, dearest daddy did not sound happy at all. He actually thought we were negotiating for their freedom, he wanted mum and I to go back to him and let him kill everyone here. Thankfully he got the call that alerted him to the attack before he could push the deal on us." Peyton is practically shaking in her excitement and she refuses to move away from the door as she waits for the men to come home.

I relax back on to the couch knowing that Jules is coming back safe and alive. This was my first battle I had to wait through, I guess that's a milestone that I have crossed gracefully... well, tipsy is probably the better word for it but I have a long time to get stronger for him. I'm not leaving, no matter what.

The doors slam open with Reign at the head of the pack and within seconds Peyton is in his arms as she cries. I very rarely see her cry, so my heart tightens slightly but Lexie and I move closer, waiting for our men to make their appearance. It won't be as big as the other two since we all saw each other just over an hour ago. "Hi sweetheart." I smile widely and wrap my arms around his neck, planting kisses all over his face.

He chuckles and brings me closer, pressing his entire body to me and I savour it. "I knew you'd be okay." I whisper, brushing my hands over his vest with disdain. I want to touch his actual chest not this stupid thing even if it did save his life, I still hate it.

"We still have to deal with the rest of them unfortunately, still another fight to go."

"Don't sound so excited at that prospect, your poor girlfriend will have to drink more wine to survive." He laughs again causing me to close my eyes and let the sound wash over me. I love that sound. He takes advantage of my closed eyes and kisses me, while it's normally gentle and sweet this is languid and sexy.

I respond immediately, my knees trying to drop out underneath me, but I don't let them. I'm enjoying this too much. "Okay, lovebirds, we're ordering food." Lexie breaks us up and I pull away feeling breathless and a little lightheaded. I shake my head trying to snap out of the daydream as we all settle in the lounge.

I look around for Runner and Romeo, finding them in Romeo's office making wild hand gestures. I assume that they're talking quietly though because if they were shouting, we'd hear them. Surely, they can't be arguing considering Runner almost died and you'd think his best friend would care enough to postpone any arguments that they were having.

I look over at Peyton and relax at the massive grin on her face. Reign has his hand on her stomach as she checks over the bullet wounds he received. They fixed him up so that he would be better bait, they didn't give him any medication, or anything just yanked the bullet out and sewed it up viciously. I winced when he told us that. I couldn't imagine the type of pain he was in, Runner got lucky as he got off with a mild concussion and a sprained wrist.

"Runner!" Peyton calls for him and he snaps out of whatever him and Romeo were doing. He heads over and takes the seat next to Reign so that she can reach him. "I'm happy you're okay."

"You trained me well, Sensei." He bows playfully and she squeezes his hand.

"You okay, baby?" Hunter whispers in my ear and I spin around to look at him, still feeling the wine coursing through my veins.

"Hmm, well mentally I'm okay now that you're home, physically a little tipsy and sexually... extremely frustrated." I bite his bottom lip, watching as his eyes darken and I feel his friend rise under my ass.

I giggle softly before turning back around, nothing we can do about it whilst we're all locked up here especially since we share the bloody room with our daughter and I'm sure Bear wouldn't let us out for a quick fuck... which most likely would not be quick.

"That was not nice, Marielle." I shiver at his breath against my neck, smiling when he bites my earlobe.

"You deserved it." I huff out.