Chapter 15: Julian Atlas

Bear's phone rings while we're all just watching the TV or playing pool, he looks panicked when he answers it though. "What do you mean, baby?" His skin gets whiter and whiter as he looks over at me and Reign, which means something has happened at that goddamn ball.

"Prez, what's happened with my wife?" Reign's voice is hard, and his body is tense as he looks about ready to crush his phone in his hand.

"Uh well, she's fighting the Chinese Triad. Odds are two to one."

"For Apollo's sake." He groans and rubs his face. My phone then rings and I answer it, knowing it's Mari that's on the other side.

"You okay, sweetheart?" I ask, ignoring Bear and Reign who are both getting agitated.

"I guess, I mean I'm locked in a safe room with the Queen of the Riders and the Queen of the Mexicans. I'm feeling a little useless to be honest, especially with Peyton fighting them. I mean she just jumped off the balcony and killed like six in one fell swoop."

"We're going! Breaker, Boulder, Runner and Mac, let's go!" Bear shouts, I stand up with my phone still pressed to my ear, I make sure to grab a Bluetooth comm so I can continue to talk to her while I'm riding.

"We're on our way, love. Stay put."

"Hunter, I'm scared." She whispers, the fear in her voice breaking my heart.

"I know, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." I can hear a bullet spray very close to Mari and my heart rate picks up. I know Bear heard the same thing because his eyes have gone very wide and his body has tensed in anger.

"You have to be quiet, both of you." Lucia whispers and I quickly mount my bike, watching my brothers do the same and we all speed out of the compound, torqueing our engines as fast as they will go. My heart is in my throat as I think about the situation that Mari is in. In the middle of the Mexican cartel surrounded by Triad operatives who are incredibly skilled in martial arts.

"I'm here, baby." I try and settle her, hearing her breathing speed up as she panics. I hear a loud bang and a frightened squeak and my heart jumps into my throat. "I'm two minutes away, I need you to take a deep breath."

"Hurry, please." I can hear Lexie whispering to Bear in the background so I assume that they're really close to each other. I speed up even more, Bear, Reign and I leading the pack. It feels different considering I'm normally at the back of the pack.

As we pull up on the building, the fighting has definitely died down with the Mexicans pulling ahead. Reign growls as he sees Saviour pounce on the last two guys and tear them apart with her daggers. We all step through the broken gates and head up to the front of the building, hopping over dead bodies, intent on finding our women and getting them the fuck out of here.

"Peyton." Reign's voice is sharp, his fear is evident as he looks over his wife and gently checking her over for injuries.

"I'm okay."

"You haven't been well; you need to take it easy." He is right, Saviour has been really tired and dizzy recently, she's been struggling to train Runner, so she tapped Breaker in. We're all quite worried, I'm just grateful that she was strong enough to fight today.

"Where's Alexiana and Marielle?" Bear's voice is strained, and his body is still incredibly tense, tense enough to snap in two. I probably look the same.

"Follow me." Matías calls out and only the two of us head up into the house behind him, besides his protection team. Thankfully he understands the importance of the situation, he basically sprints there though I suppose it's more because his wife is in the same place.

His handprint opens the door and the three women eject themselves from the room. I quickly sweep Mari into my embrace and squeeze her tightly, not only to comfort myself but also her. Her tears seep into my shirt so I layer kisses on her hair, hoping to take away some of her fear. Lexie isn't crying but she is shaking in her husband's embrace and Bear looks absolutely furious.

"Did you know about the beef with the Triad?" He asks Matías who is comforting Lucia, not that he needs to, she is incredibly chill for someone whose birthday party just got ruined.

"No. No other instances have been reported, never had a problem before. I would have told you if there was an issue, per the terms of our agreement. I never would've risked my wife knowingly, nor my sister."

"Do you need help with clean up or anything, maybe even retaliation?" I offer, knowing that because of him and his people I'm able to hold my woman in my arms.

"Clean-up is fine, I could do with borrowing Peyton but I'm aware that she isn't very well at the moment. So perhaps another time, I'll keep you informed on any developments. Make sure to tell us about Peyton's condition as well please."

We agree to the terms and head out, Mari is calm in my arms, but I can tell she's a little shaken up. I get her to jump up and wrap her legs around my waist, letting her bury her head in my neck as I mount the bike. I make sure to manoeuvre her dress so that it doesn't get caught in the wheels and stroke her back softly.

The ride back is quiet, and I stay at the back this time, feeling relieved to have her back safe and sound. She doesn't let go of me when we stop so I just carry her into the clubhouse, settling down in the lounge with everyone else.

Bear explains the situation to our brothers, and they all look concerned for the girls. Saviour does not look well at all; Lexie is buried in Bear's embrace so you can hardly see her, and Mari hasn't moved her face from my neck since she got there. "You need to see Doc, Sav." Runner speaks up, taking her hand as he sits on the coffee table in front of her.

"I'm going tomorrow, I promise." Reign kisses her head as she rubs her face softly. I stroke the back of Mari's hair and after a few minutes she's asleep in my arms, her soft snores brushing my neck and her chest rising and falling steadily.

I have never been that terrified before and I never want to feel that way again.