Sweetie I'm a FIGHTER and you ARE?...Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

 I pressed my lips into a thin line, I was debating on asking him or not. I felt like I would be offending him in some way if I asked why he looked and acted so different for his age. I so badly wanted to know what he did to look so young at an old age, was it medication? Exercise? Diet?

 I took in a deep breath, even though I was curious as hell, I would leave the questions for later. Or I could always ask my parents, or Aunt Jamie, though I think she won’t be talking to me anytime soon because of what happened this morning.

 I glanced back at the elderly man, he was staring out into space, looking at nothing in particular, I noticed a frown forming on his lips, and his shoulders slightly slumping. Something was wrong.

 “Grandpa, is everything okay?” I asked, concerned as to what would make my happy and jolly grandfather so down and sad.

 He sighed, and smiled sadly, glancing my way, “The time will come and all your questions will be answered.”

 I felt my eyes widen in surprise, while furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. What was he talking about?

 “Grandpa wh-“

 “Son, the world isn’t what it seems…. Remember that.” He said, his gaze piercing mine for understanding, sending me a silent message to not argue and believe him. I gulped and nodded, still feeling as confused as ever.

 He nodded and suddenly yawned, “Haha, well sonny I’m going to go for a walk around town. Your mother will be here shortly.” He said walking towards the door, “Oh and if you would, please don’t tell your mother I was here” he said, stopping by the door.

 I nodded and he left. I felt my throat go dry, I tried swallowing my spit but it didn’t help.  I walked towards my mother’s table and took a gulp of water from my water bottle.

What could have he have meant with ‘the world isn’t  what it seems’? What was he trying to pottery to me? Did it somehow have a deeper meaning than the words themselves? Or was he trying to say that there’s something beyond what we seem? And why did he look so sad when I mentioned grandma? Was something wrong? Was she sick?  So many questions, and no answers.

 I sighed in frustration, I had so many questions flowing in and out of my head that I think I might go crazy. A sudden thought of my mother popped into my head, maybe I could ask her, or my dad. Either way I’d have to get answers to my questions or I think I might end up going mad.

 “Hey you! What you doing here?” I heard my mother asked entering the room, my head snapped her way, surprised as to how I didn’t hear her open the door. Her running shoes squeaked slightly on the plastic floors, while she tied her up into a pony, wearing a top and sport shorts.

 I shrugged and took another gulp of water, “Ag, decided to come train with Cj.”

 My mother dropped her training bag next to mine and nodded, “Well that’s good, where is that boy any way? He hasn’t been in class for about a week.”

 I threw my water bottle in my open training and stretched my arms, “His been busy with football and all, plus it looks like his parents have been arguing at home.”

 “Oh I see, but how is he doing anyway?” She asked, sitting on the mattress, spreading her legs and stretching them.

 “His good, his fighting techniques have improved, but I still kicked his ass!”

 My mother chuckled and nodded, giving me a look of pride and joy.

 “So did dad fetch Gabe?”

 “Yep, Gabe seemed a little tired from his trip to Canada, and it seems that Jamie’s finally smiling again.” My mother said, lying on the mattress, her hands on her flat tummy, turning her face to look at me.