Chapter 5

(Hermione's POV)

I was to listen to Draco's instructions and come straight to the Room of Requirement. Passing by it, I walked back and forth three times. "I need a place for Draco and I to meet."I mutter this under my breath repeatedly until a door appears. I open it, and it's gorgeous. The entire thing is spacious, with chairs and a chandelier and lots of pretty lights. I sit in one of the chairs, awaiting Draco's arrival. My stomach grumbles. Thinking about food, some pumpkin pasties appear in front of me. I had forgotten that this is the Room of Requirement. Anything I need, at my fingertips. I suddenly crave butter beer, and there it is on the table. I sit at the table and hum to myself. Eventually, I get bored. A chalkboard sits there now, pastel chalk on the ledge. Smirking, I stand up and walk over, picking up a green bit of chalk. I'll admit, I'm not much of an artist, but I can't think of anything better to do. My hand makes a green line across the board, and before I know it, I start grabbing new colors. While my hands continue working, my mind is somewhere else. I can't help thinking about how Ron and Harry will feel about my new friendship with Draco. I mean, even if it's only to last a day, they'll still be surprised. These thoughts drag on for a while. I then hear a creak, and I snap out of my trance. I turn around, dropping the chalk. It's Draco. He gives me a classic Malfoy smirk, one that I don't think I see enough.

"Malfoy, you scared the bloody life out of me!" I chuckle. Draco sits at the table, finishing off what was left of my butterbeer. He then walks over to me, embracing me in a hug. While my head fights the urge to snuggle into his chest, my heart wins. Feeling my head on his warm chest, he holds me tighter. "Nice drawings..." He insists. I look up at him, giggling. I actually don't remember what I drew!" I laugh. Smiling, he takes me by the shoulders and spins me around so that I'm facing the board. My mouth forms a perfect O. I had written "Draco Malfoy" in various fonts and colors. I stutter, humiliated, but he just continues to chuckle. "I thought it was adorable...." He admits. I blush, and the room fills with an awkward silence. Hoping something will fix the silence, a slow song starts playing. I curse under my breath for forgetting about where I was. Draco holds his hand out to me. "May I have this dance?" He asks, shyly but slyly. I nod reluctantly, taking his hand as he leads me to the middle of the room. My arms are around his neck, and his on my waist. I take a deep breath, and the dancing begins.