Chapter 4

(Draco's POV)

As I stand there like a bloody idiot with my arms around Hermione's waist, people stare. More than they should, really. I promised her that this would be a one day thing, but what could I do if my father got word? He wouldn't listen to a babbling explanation of my feelings toward a Mudblood. I lean forward and whispersomething into her ear. She nods. I take my hands off of her waist, and the show starts. "YOU FILTHY- Granger, get out of my sight! Honestly, I can't believe you'd ever think that I would ever fall for you!" She quakes in her boots. She's not only a bright witch, but a brilliant actress as well. "I-I..." tears begin to fill her eyes, and she runs back toward the castle. We'd meet back there later, as planned. For a bit of drama, I screamed after her, "MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!" And spun on my heel, refusing to look back at her. It wasn't for my reputation. It was for her safety. If Hermione got hurt because of how I felt about her, I'd never forgive myself. Not ever.

I walked around a bit, watching couples be happy and others just be jovial with their own company. I will never have that. Especially not after I kill the headmaster. I start running back to the castle, and if I started getting tired, I thought of the mark on my forearm, the mark that was to define who I was. I wouldn't let it though, not any longer.