Chapter 2

Lucy POV:

I put my hand on my chin and think, the name is clearly to send a message of some kind. Most players pick a name that will make them stand out, others however will simply pick a name they like.

"Death Gun?" I question. "Sounds to me like he's trying to say something with a name like that."

"What do you mean?" Kikuoka asks.

"Most players pick a name that will make them stand out in one way or another, if he's going after players then he wants others to fear his name." I say thinking out loud. "And are you sure they both died from heart failure?"

"What do you mean?" Kikuoka asks me.

"How were their brains?" I question remembering what happened when people died in SAO.

"The thought did cross my mind, so I spoke to the doctor who performed the autopsy. Both of their brains were totally fine, no damage to them at all. Besides the Amusphere is designed in a completely different way to the NerveGear, one uses High Energy Microwave Signals which can fry the brain, but the Amusphere was designed in such a way so this wouldn't happen." Kikuoka says to me which makes me relax a little. "Though these events might be coincidence or a hoax, do you think it's possible to kill some one in the real world with Virtual bullets?" He asks me.

I think on it for a minute, if stuff like that was possible then people who played other games would have died, even players who played GGO would be dead. But since the game has been out for a while and these are the first recorded deaths it doesn't seem possible.

"I don't think it's possible, if it were these wouldn't be the first recorded deaths. The game would have a history of stuff like this and would have been stopped in it's early days of gameplay." I say leaning back in my chair.

"Exactly right, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page." He says with a small smirk on his face. "I too think it's impossible to kill a person in game and have the same affect in real life, now that we have discussed this I have a request for you."

I take a deep breath, already knowing what he's going to say to me.

"Will you log into Gun Gale Online and make contact with the player Death Gun?" He asks me.

"What would I do once I find him? There is only so much that can be done in game without the person's real identity, we figured that out with Sugo from ALO." I say shuddering at the memory.

"We need to learn more about him, from what we can tell Death Gun is only interested in high level players. So he won't be interested in someone like you or Kazuto." Kikuoka explains.

"Wait Kirito? You've spoken to him too?" I ask.

"Yes, his answers were similar to yours and he said that he wouldn't go in without you. Said he wanted his guild master by his side." Kikuoka explains.

A small smile appears on my face, I've missed both Kirito and Asuna since they left. But the idea of going into a game where it could become possible to die again scares me, I lived through that for two and a half years. What if something happens to me?

"It would be difficult to go up against top level players, from what you've told me they take this game seriously. And with the opportunity to make money? They won't be happy if some new player like me tires to play in the big leagues." I say. "Besides, how would you ensure that the same thing doesn't happen to me or Kirito?"

"I have arranged, if you agree that is, for both of you to go to a hospital in Tokyo where you would be under full supervision during your dive time. Both of you would be guarded and be attached to machines to make sure that your health isn't at risk, and of course this is a job request so there would be a reward." He says passing me a slip of paper with a figure on it.

"That's a lot of zeros...." I say looking at it.

"My bosses are worried about all this, full dive games are all over the news since the SAO incident. The eyes of the world are focusing on the games, especially stories around them. We want to be sure that these are safe, so that people can continue to enjoy them. You your self have shown the power of games like these, connecting not only two countries but two different worlds together. The people of Fiore and it's surrounding nations are all eager to use the games due to your story, I don't think you fully understand how famous you actually are." Kikuoka says looking at me. "And like Kirito said, we'll need you if we're going to solve this."

I think for a minute, as many as four thousand people lost their lives in SAO. It's been almost six months since I got out and those memories are beginning to fade, although they will never fade completely. And now there is another game which is threatening the lives of innocent people?

"Alright, I'll do it." I say standing up. "When will I need to report to Japan?"

"How long would it take you to get there?" He asks me.

"I can be ready in two days, my daughter and likely some guild mates will come with me. To add to the protection." I explain.

"Very well, use this to contact me when you arrive." He says passing me a number. "Then I'll have someone come and bring you to the hospital."

And with that I go to the door of my office.

"I'd stand back if I were you." I say to him as I open the door.

Natsu, Kiko, Grey, Wendy and the exceeds all fall into my office, with a sigh I let Kikuoka leave and then look at them all.

"What have I told you about trying to spy on me?" I say with a chuckle.

"To not to." Kiko says standing up. "Dad told me something was wrong!"

"Nothing's wrong sweetie, in fact we're all going on a trip to Japan." I say picking Kiko up as she snuggles into me.

Once I call Erza and Master Makarov into my office, I explain everything to them. Natsu takes my hand and holds onto it tightly.

"I'm coming in with you." He says looking at me.

"Me too Mommy." Kiko says from my lap.

"I'm the only one who can go in, but don't worry I'm going in with Kirito. We'll take care of each other, but we're going to need someone to look after us while we dive." I explain. "And I thought you would want to come with me."

"Of course we'll come with you Lucy." Erza says with a smile.

I had told all of them that they could call me Lucy when we're alone, but when we're out in the guild hall they call me Master Lucy, it was a little strange at first but I've gotten used to it.

"When do we leave?" Grey asks.

"As soon as possible." I say.

"All of you go and pack now, meet at the train station in two hours." Master Makarov tells us. "Master Lucy, I trust you'll keep everyone under control."

"I struggle in game, hopefully I'll be able to here." I say with a laugh.

Natsu and I then make our way back to our house, I moved in with Natsu not long after waking up. It's not too small after cleaning up a little, Natsu and I share a room while Kiko has her own. And we have our games which the three of us dive into, so it's pretty comfortable. Once we get home Kiko runs to her room to pack with Happy flying along side her and Natsu and I go to our room to pack, I can tell Natsu's unhappy about the idea so I pull him close to me into a hug.

"I don't want you to leave me again Luce." He says whispering into my hair.

"I'm not going to leave you Natsu, I did that once and not by choice. When I woke up I promised that I'd never leave you again." I say to him as he pulls me in for a kiss.

His warm lips against mine give me the courage to do this, with my guild by my side there isn't anything that I can't do. After packing we make our way to the train station, ready for the long journey to Japan.