Chapter 4

Two Hearts Beating Under This Cold Weather

Recap:

Will everything change after today?

I don't know and I'm scared to find out tomorrow.

Chapter 4

I lazily got out of bed shutting off my alarm. Everything from yesterday flooded in my mind. The talk. The truth. The kiss. Well, it was on my cheek him saying goodbye but I could still feel the tingles. I went to the bathroom taking a shower and brushed my teeth.

I changed into sweats and a white v neck shirt with my grey hoodie. I put on my fluffy green socks and walked downstairs. "Morning J.C." mom smiled. "Morning" I smiled grabbing a plate from the cabinet and her putting eggs and bacon on my plate. "Morning kiddo." "Morning dad" I smiled.

"You'll be hanging with Parker today at his place, you'll meet his parents" my dad said. I coughed trying not to choke. "Why?" My mom handed me some water. "I need you to meet his parents, it won't be fair if we met him and his parents never met you" my dad explained. They make it said like I'm dating him. "But that was cause he didn't want to leave the house and we're not dating" I told him.

"I know" he said taking a sip of his coffee. I gave mom a 'please help me' look. "I agree with your dad. At first I thought you were dating. The look on his eye when he mentioned you, was pure love" my mom said. I felt like I wanted to explode. Just breathe.

"Fine, I'll go" I smiled. "We'll drive you there" my dad smiled as well.

Of course he'll be smiling. He won. I finished my breakfast and my mom told me to change.

I looked at my drawer and I grabbed a pair of jeans. Taking my sweats off, I put on my jeans one leg at a time. I don't know how people just slip it on. I tried that one time and I fell. I thought I broke my arm but I was just laying on it.

After that, my parents were waiting for me in the car. I ran opening the car door and climbed in closing the door. "J.C. you have to behave" my mom told me. "Mom, I always behave" I stated. "I know this is new to you, so just be careful" she spoke with shakiness in her voice. I sighed.

As we got to his house. My parents told me Parker will bring me home. I got out of the car and walked to the porch. I breathed in and out relaxing myself. I was about to ring the doorbell when the door flew open.

"Hey Johanna" Parker smiled. "Hi Parker" I smiled as well. I felt like his smile was contagious. Ever since I met him I couldn't stop smiling. "Come on in" he stepped aside.

When I entered the house I was greeted with warmth and the smell of chocolate chip cookies. "I'll get your jacket for you" he said. I unzipped it and took off my jacket handing it to him. When he reached our fingers slightly touched.

"You're cold" he smirked. "Here let me" I lifted my hands and he held them. His hands were big compared to mine and warm. He held them. "Parker, tell Peyton to stop breaking my dollies head" a little girl said crying. He let go of my hands and lifted her up. He wiped her tears and kissed her cheek. "Remember what I told you, the genie always fixes your dolls, if you put the doll behind the sofa" he told her. "So as many times as Peyton breaks them, they are always good the next day" he said. She nodded and hugged him. "I'll put them behind the sofa" she said.

He let her down and she ran to the living room I suppose. "Let's go, my mom wanted to see you ever since I mentioned you the first time." He smiled grabbing my hand and leading me to the kitchen.

"Mom, Johanna is here" he smiled. His mom was beautiful, her hair was brown and mid length. She was wearing sweats and a t-shirt with handprints on them. Each handprint had a name on it. Parker, Peyton and Paige. "Hi Mrs. DoNair" I smiled. "Oh sweetie, just call me Emily" she hugged me.

"It's nice to finally meet you" she smiled. "You as well" I smiled back. She started talking about her kids "Parker is 19 as you know, then there is Peyton he is 8 years old a bit of a trouble maker and Paige she's 5 years old she's an angel" she smiled.

I smiled and helped her with the cooking.

After we ate the dinner. Parker and I went to his room and we just talked, hanged out. It was the best day for me.