THE|CARTER'S (XV)

Aubrey "Innocent" Danielle Smith

Today is my birthday and my girlfriend isn't here to celebrate with me, I actually haven't heard from her all day. I do love A'Niyah but sometimes I just feel like she would just break down that barrier she got put up between us. My goal wasn't to fall in love with her, but I did. My phone rang and I looked down at it, I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Aubrey you can drop the country girl act bitch we all know you from Compton." She spat, I hated this bitch.

"Eat out my ass, what do you want?" I asked with an attitude, I really hated this woman guts.

"I want to know if you're still doing what you're supposed to be doing and not falling in love with the enemy." She said sternly, I'm tired of being her puppet.

"If I fall in love, then so fuckin what. Love is an uncontrollable feeling, now what's really the problem?" I asked once more.

"You got one more week before this mission has to be completed, after that both of you hoes die. Play with me." She said with venom I'm her voice, then the line went dead I took a deep breath and exhaled. This is going to be the hardest decision of my life, I'll either have to kill A'Niyah or we die together. I couldn't really put my finger on the real beef Zay had with A'Niyah, but I know it was personal. I have to either make my mind up and tell her or we kill the hating ass bitch Zay, I can't wait til she comes home. We have a lot of stuff to talk about, I love her too much to just kill her.

-

Right when I was about to call A'Niyah she came busting through the door like a mad man. I hopped up off the bed and went to her side, her eyes were bloodshot red.

"What's wrong, Niyah baby?" I asked as I nurtured her, she just looked at me and cried some more. "Talk to me, ma." I insisted, she wiped her little tears and took a deep breath.

"I seen my dad today, the articles were all true." She said in a nutshell, I immediately got goose bumps.

"Wow, so how did it go?" I asked.

"Horrible, they've been lying to me for 20 years Innocent." She cried Into my breast, I just rubbed her back and comforted her.

"Baby, please stop crying. I hate seeing you like this, it really breaks my heart." I told her, I had a weakness for A'Niyah and it was when I see her shed tears.

"I'm trying, but it's just so hard. I don't wanna talk about it right now bae, excuse me." She said as she got up and went into the bathroom. I buried my face in my hands and exhaled, I have so much to tell her in so little time. I'll just give her the space she needs, for now.