Start.

CONNOR'S POV

12 years ago

I was seven.

Kaitlyn and I were playing at the park. We were both at the swings. She was trying to push herself up onto the swing, but unfortunately, her six-years-old self was still way too short to achieve such a thing yet. I was making fun of her since I could get myself on the other swing with very few problems since I was a few inches taller than she was. I also turned seven a few days before we went to the park, making me believe that I could do many more things than she could, which was true at the time.

After failing several attempts of trying to get herself on the swing (and with me laughing at every single attempt), Kaitlyn huffed and stomped her foot. "Connor, help me," she said, drawing out the last "o" in my name, her eyes focusing on me instead of the swing she was trying so hard to get onto. "I wanna swing too. I want to be taller like you so I can get on the swings by myself."

I laughed some more and started swinging. "Go ask Leo or something," I said, sticking out my tongue at her. "Your brother would help you. He's very tall."

Kaitlyn plopped down on the sand, grabbed a handful of it and threw it at my legs. Unfortunately, it backfired and some of it ricocheted on her small face as the wind blew towards her. I laughed even harder as she spat sand out of her mouth. Kaitlyn proceeded to wipe her face with her sweater's sleeve and shook pellets of sand out of her hair. She glared at me and I stopped laughing. 

There was a silence as I averted my eyes from her, and a bead of sweat dripped down my face because of the heat of the sun (and the possibility of Kaitlyn lashing out her wrath at me because of her failed "revenge"). Eventually she stopped glaring at me and pouted, crossing her short arms. "Leo is playing with his friends, he wouldn't help even if I asked him very nicely."

"Wouldn't help who?" a crouching figure suddenly said behind Kaitlyn.

"Leo!" she squealed, shooting up and turning around so fast that her dark brown hair hit her brother's face. "Help me on the swings! Connor won't, so you have to."

"Ow," Leo said, rubbing his reddish cheeks. He stood up, flaunting his shiny brown locks (which I was slightly jealous of) and his tall 4'9 figure in the afternoon sun. Suddenly he looked very intimidating to me since I was only 4'6 and my curly locks weren't nearly as nice-looking as his.

"Sorry sis, but we have to go now," Leo apologized. I slowed down my swinging at the sudden news. "Mom wanted us to be home by 6 for dinner. We sreally should start heading back now."

"What? Already?" Kaitlyn whined, sounding very annoyed. Her hazel eyes narrowed at her brother.

"Can't I stay a little longer?" she pleaded Leo, her little hands tugging at her older brother's shirt. He frowned at his little sister's displeasure, but he still wouldn't budge. Kaitlyn gave Leo a pleading look, and he sighed then turned towards his friends who were standing at the end of the park, kicking a soccer ball. "Hurry up then Kaitlyn. You have five minutes."

I frowned.

"You're leaving?" I asked her, looking into her eyes, my mood dampening.

Kaitlyn laughed at me. "No."

My face broke into a wide smile.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey, thanks for trying out my story. I'll try to update, but this is just going to be a little side hobby, so I might not update frequently. Hope you have a great day! ❤️

-me