Chapter 1: the move

Começar do início

"It's getting worse with old age." We said in sync. Then we all laughed.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" She asked curiously.

"Well I was just dropping this truck off for your dad." Billy stated gladly as he and dad came back.

"Yeah, just bought this truck off of Billy here. So what do you think girls?" Dad asked us gesturing to the car.

"Of what?" Bella asked making me roll my eyes at how slow she is.

"Your homecoming present." He stated bluntly.

"I totally rebuilt the engine." Jake stated happily grinning at his accomplishment.

"No way! That's awesome!" I responded and then both me and Bella say at the same time while smiling widely.

"It's perfect!" Bella then opens the door of the truck only to hit Jacob with it.

"Oh sorry." She said worried but Jake just waved her off saying it was fine. We both got in the truck with Jacob. Me sat in the middle.

"Okay, so you gotta double pump the clutch when you shift, but other than that. You should be good." He explained to us both as he handed Bella the keys.

"Maybe I can give you a ride to school." Bella suggested. At the mention of this my smile dropped. I already knew his answer.

"I go to school on the reservation." He scratched the back of his neck nervously and looked a bit bummed about it too. Don't blame him. I know he wants time with Bella, but it'll be hard to get it when they go to different schools.

"Too bad. Would've been nice to know at least one person other than (y/n)." Bella says disappointedly. I pout a little and elbow her gently and playfully.

"What's wrong with me hmm? Am I not good enough for you?" I question jokingly with a over dramatic hurt expression on my face making both Jake and Bella laugh.

Next day

It was cold of course so we both wore warm clothing. I was dressed in high waisted  black jeans, with a baggy teal knitted sweater and a white lace choker, along with some leather combat boots. My hair was down as it always was. Bella drove the truck today, we arrived at school and when Bella got out she stepped in a large puddle. I got out the other side and was fine. "Hey Bells you okay?" I ask her, she looked at me with a tight lipped smile. I knew that meant 'no, but I gotta deal with it.' As we were walking towards the building I felt a lot of people staring at us. I instinctively put my headphones on and listened to some Debussy. We both collected our Schedules, we applied for a few different things so we shared some classes while others were different. I took History, Art and literature. While Bella took Biology, Chemistry and Literature. But we both also had Gym together. "I've got History first, which according to the map is in a completely different area to Chemistry. So... I'll see you in gym. Try to stay alive 'till then okay?" I say giving Bella a questioning look, she nods.

"You'll be okay too right? I know how you get around people." I smiled to her.

"Of course I'll be fine. See ya." I say as I follow the map presumably towards my first class. Just when I think I might be lost, and I'm starring at the map intently while I walk, I bump into someone.

"I'm so sorry, are you okay miss?" I dust myself off a little as I start to reply.

"Yeah I'm okay tha-." I cut myself off when I look up to see the face of the person I bumped into. He had golden eyes and gorgeous honey blonde hair that was curly and fell perfectly. We both seemed to draw a sharp breath at the same time. The world seemed to stop for a moment as we looked into each others eyes. I felt all warm and tingly. As if small electrical sparks were going off in my body. For some reason I felt very attracted to the boy, in a almost magnetic kind of way. After a minute or two, we both quickly blinked and looked away from one another. "S-Sorry about that. Umm... I'm (y/n) Swan." I say offering my hand to the boy in front of me. He looks to me again and smiles taking my hand and shaking it gently, although when our hands touched it was like electric shocks sparked in our hands.