Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~

Pumpkin Spice

~~~~~~~

Morning came too soon.

The sun was up and out before we could get Eri cleaned up and calmed down. 

Lucky for her, my six year old daughter fell asleep right after.

Frowning at the sun, I started to walk back up the stairs, running into Aiden.

He caught me before I fell, and when he saw my eyes he picked me up and carried me back up the way he came.

"Aiden-" I started.

He looked at me lovingly and I dropped what I was going to say.

Our life together was great, but since I've had Eri, it's been difficult to have any time just the two of us.

But now he took me up to our room, laying me down on the blankets of our bed.

"Are you all right?" Aiden asked.

"I feel like I'm old."

"Your only twenty two!"

"I have a child who's six Aiden."

"So do I." He pointed out.

I sighed. This conversation wasn't going too well for my side.

"I wish I was sixteen again."

"Why? Don't you like our life?"

I shut my eyes. "Yes, of course I do. It's just-"

"You wish she wasn't born so that she wouldn't dream prophecies of your future made up from your past."

"No. Well, sort of. It's not that I wish she wasn't born. I just wish she wasn't born to have magic. I want her to be normal, not wake up screaming bloody murder every night."

Aiden sighed. "It'll be all right. She's had this dream before, nothing's ever happened. Has it?"

"That's what I'm worried about." I answered.

His brow creased. I knew that he was just trying to help me, but for some reason I've been against him.

"I'm sorry, Aiden. I just-"

"Don't worry about it. Just get some sleep before Eri wakes up again."

I nodded. My life was turning to Hell before my very own eyes.

~~~~~~~~~

I was following a very good smelling pumpkin pie down the stairs.

But as I followed, the smell dispersed and I wasn't in my house any more. 

Spinning, I realized I was back in the tower where Darian held me for ten grueling years.

Looking down, I saw myself.

I looked prettier, more elf-like. 

At least I did under all of the beatings, the blood and bruises showing their worst.

My body lay there, decaying slowly. And I watched. The decay took my whole body, a horrid stink coming from the corpse.

I realized that I had just watched myself for the longest time after my first death.

Darian had just left me there, after ten years of keeping me, he just couldn't find the time to bury a damn body!

Then I saw him. He looked down at the body, looking said. I saw him mouth some words, but I couldn't hear them.

Then he took a torch off the wall, burning the remains.

He turned to me and said the same words, the sound escaping from me.

"What?" I asked.

He repeated them, the sound still unable to reach my ears.

"I can't hear you!" I yelled.

He mouthed them one last time, then decayed like Adrianna, his mouth still moving as the decay spread to his lips.

Then he burned with Adrianna. His corpse burned fast, as if I was watching it fast forward.

"I'll see you soon."

I gasped at the words, and awoke, panting.

Aiden lay beside me, the sun streaming through the windows, lighting up the covers where he lay.

I stroked his face, moving a hair out of his eyes.

I smelled pumpkin spice downstairs and instantly remembered my dream.

Frowning, I stood up and got ready for the day.

~~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 1.