Chapter 10

A/N- finally!!!! This is sort of three short chapters stuck together and rearranged into one chapter.

Chapter ten is the end of part 1. I hope you are looking forward to part 2!

~~~~~~~~~~

The Island That Doesn't Exist

~~~~~~~~~~

A tear fell from my eye as I continued my song. I could hear the responses of every wolf from all over, crowding my head. They all were coming. I could feel it. I turned around as my song slowed and came to a stop.

Raymond was there. Or at least, his shiny blue ghost was.

"Always knew you were something special, young miss. Always." He gave me a smile. Then, with a little wave goodbye, disappeared.

I turned to Nick. "Let's go home."

He gave a wolf smile and followed me as we started the journey home.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ana's POV)

Shouts were coming from the town where Nick lived. A few gunshots went off. Startled, I knew exactly what they were aiming for. A wolf.

Nick and I ran towards the commotion to get a good idea of what was happening. A mob of humans were surrounding a pup.

I lunged. And created chaos. The humans were running everywhere, pointing guns, and yelling. Nick jumped in with me, grabbed the pup and jumped into the trees. I have one last growl and the humans pointed their guns. I jumped into the trees after Nick.

Following his scent made my life easier since my eyes were blind with rage. I plunged into a circle of undergrowth where a pack of wolves were.

Nick was surrounded, the pup still in his mouth. By the looks of things, he had only just arrived a moment before I did.

The instant they noticed that I was the "Starlit Wolf," as they called me, they backed down and bowed.

"We have arrived at last!" Said one of the mothers.

The pup's mother came up to Nick and gently licked the side of his face in gratitude. Then she carefully gathered up her precious bundle and backed back into the crowd.

The largest male stepped forward. "I am Talon, leader of our tribe."

I bowed my head to him.

"And this is Eldone, our Elder." He finished. The older wolf had stepped forward and gazed at me with wonder.

"I've heard and told stories, but I never knew..." He half explained.

I nodded in understanding. He had not believed that I would come in his lifetime.

"We must leave at once." I said. "This place is no longer safe." Not wanting to seem like I was taking over their family, I said to Talon, "I'm going to pick up part of my family on the way. If you wish to follow, from there we will begin the journey to Avalon."

He nodded, understanding my notion of peace. "We will follow."

I took off with Nick back to his family.

Margret and her kids were waiting for us. She had changed into a beautiful cream colored wolf. Her youngest rode on her back. Her oldest carried a backpack.

Trotting up to me she said, "I assumed you wanted to keep the flower, so I put it in a cleaner jar with water and left it with him." She nodded towards the kid with the backpack. I nodded my thanks and then we left. Nick carried his oldest child on his back, and one of the tribe's wolves carried his daughter.