Prologue

"Sensei,..... SENSEI! I'M BEGGING YOU! Please help my daughter!.... WHERE DID THAT CHEERFUL DAUGHTER OF MINE GO?!"

Natsumi Nakashima cried helplessly into the phone.

"Mrs. Nakashima, it may sound weird.... But there is actually another case extremely similar to yours.... And the names are identical. Bring your daughter to my clinic tomorrow. Maybe the cases are connected and everything is similar/the same. We will get to the bottom of this. Don't worry we will get your daughter back."

"Thank you sensei....*sobs* *wails* I.... I appreciate it... anything for my daughter"

"No problem, Mrs. Nakashima."

And with that he hung up the phone.

"Naomi.... Why are you suddenly like this? What happened? Who is your imaginary friend? Am... Am I forgetting something? A-am I to blame???"

Natsumi asked herself. She shook her negative thoughts off and walked upstairs, towards Naomi's room. She pressed her ear against the door and began to listen.

"Ehehehehe~ I'm so sad that I wasn't there to see it, Seiko."

Naomi whispered.

"Oh Naomi! Trust me it was quite a sight.... I really wish you would have been there with me!~ It was a great memory!"

She said in a voice pretending to be someone else. Natsumi didn't recognize the voice though.

"What are you girls talking about?"

Naomi kept changing voices presumably to imitate those of her non-existent friends. This one seemed to be that of a boy.

"Ooooooooh~ Naomi look who's here! Your darling Mochida!"

"W-what? O-oh... Hi Satoshi!"

"Hello Naomi, hello Shinohara. How are both of you?"

"Oh we're-"

Natsumi couldn't take it anymore and knocked on the door.

"N-Naomi?"

Everything was silent. Natsumi opened the door and stepped inside of the dimly lit room. Her daughter was standing in the furthest corner in the room. Away from the door and right next to the window.

"Naomi."

There still wasn't a reply.

"Naomi! Please talk to me!"

Still nothing. Natsumi felt tears starting to stream down her cheeks. Naomi slowly turned around, now looking directly at her mom. Those eyes.... Scared her.... Those soulless, sleep deprived eyes... There wasn't even a reflection, at least Natsumi couldn't see one.

"Get out... I don't wanna see anyone but my friends...."

"But Naomi-"

"Get out"

" Naomi you haven't-"

" GET OUT! I SAID GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

"Nao-"

"PISS OFF LEAVE ME ALONE! I JUST WANNA BE WITH MY FRIENDS! BUT NOoooOOO YOU JUST HAVE TO BUTT IN!"

Natsumi began crying harder as Naomi to turn back around. The concerned parent ran out of her daughter's room crying.

'I.... I just wanted to help... WHY!?!? WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN?!?'