Mark of Mastery exam

On the next day in the throne room

Terra and Aqua were standing before 3 thrones while Ventus and Ignis stood before a wall on the sides. Ventus on the right and Ignis on the left.  The old man who was sitting on the left throne was Master Xehanort. On Ignis' exam he wasn't there but he felt that something was off about him. The first time he met him was when he brought Ventus here on day when he wanted to leave his home but stayed a little while longer after an incident. His former and their current master Eraqus was sitting on the right throne. Ignis noticed that Xehanort was looking at Ventus and felt that he was not someone to trust. His thoughts got interupted when Master Eraqus was standing up and went before Aqua and Terra.

Eraqus: Today you will be examined for the Mark of Mastery. Not one but two of the Keyblade's chosen stand here as candidates... but this is neither a competition nor a battle for supremacy- not a test of wills, but a test of heart. Both of you may prevail, or neither. But I'm sure our guest, Master Xehanort... did not travel all his way to see our youngest prospects since last year fall short of the Mark. Not only that. Our old friend Ignis who graduated last year came here too, to see you prevail. I trust you are ready.

Terra and Aqua: Yes.

Eraqus: *holds out Master's Defender* Then let the examination begin.

He summoned several Orbs of Light, but Master Xehanort covertly infuses the orbs with darkness.

Ignis: What?! That wasn't on my exam

Terra and Aqua started the battle attacking the orbs. One orb flew to Ventus.

Terra/Aqua: Ven!

Ventus summoned Wayward Wind and destroyed the orb. Ignis wanted to interfere but Eraqus' stared at him with the look he shouldn't interfere. Ignis growled and retreated to the masters sitting then on the throne in the middle.

Ven: Don't worry about me. You two focus on the exam!

Aqua: But Ven, you're in danger here! Go wait in your room.

Ventus: No way! I've been looking forward to this- seeing you two become Masters like Ignis. I'm not gonna miss it now!

Terra: He can take care of himself. He's been out here training just as hard as us.

Ventus: Yeah.

Aqua: Stay sharp, Ven.

A short time later got all orbs destroyed. Eraqus comes then them

Eraqus: That was unexpected... but one must keep a still heart even in the most trying of circumstances. It was an excellent test, one I chose to let unfold. Which brings us to your next trial. *Terra and Aqua standing against each other* Now, Terra and Aqua, the two of you will face each other in combat. Remember, there are no winners- only truths, for when equal powers clash, their nature is revealed. Begin!

They started to clash their swords and dodge, but when Terra was about to lose and saw Aqua ran at him, appeared his inner darkness coming out from his hand, but he quickly dismissed it. Ignis looked worried at him and doesn't noticed Xehanort's evil smile. They then continued fighting until it was over. The two of them then stand before Eraqus. Xehanort and Ignis stood behind him.

Eraqus: We have deliberated and reached a decision. Terra, Aqua, you both performed commendably. However, only Aqua has shown the Mark of Mastery. Terra, you failed to keep the darkness within you sufficiently in check. But there is always a next time. That is all. Aqua, as our newest Keyblade Master, you are entitled to certain knowledge. *Xehanort left while Ignis looked on the ground*