Chapter 18...

Ziva's Pov

"left, right, left, right" my paws skid left and right as orders are thrown my way.

"good girl Ella" James claps from the post he's standing at along with some of his friends.

its been a year since I've been with James, I never heard from Emily or Knox or Rex for that matter so I just gave up on them ever coming back or wanting anything to do with me. James on the other hand loves me.

his job is really easy for the most part the first time he took me all the guys were terrifies of me, saying I was no German shepherded or any cop dog... well for starts I wanted to say I'm a wolf no dog but I just ignored them and so did James. it took me a week to under stand all the cop stuff James wanted me to know, he was very happy with my learning skills to.

"I still don't see why you don't just get a German shepherd" one of his buddy's said I can't remember his name I turn from my laying place and growl low and dark. oh yeah I've also grown quit a bit while with James, suppriesly my tail grew back to James shock. the boy jumped and backed up. James laughed while shaking his head.

"here' he said, getting up I trot over to his left side and sit looking at him the whole time. he smiles an rubs my head "she's a smart dog, yeah she's big but she can be some good use" he says looking over towards the guys, there dogs looking at me with there heads cocked to the side. he reminds me a lot of jax in many ways, the only differences is James is human. I whine as I remember Jax and Emily laughing in the kitchen, playing outside with me, me fighting to get a bath, Emily's sweet smell. I broke my promise to Jax, he asked me to look after both of them and yet here I am with a different person away from Emily and the baby.

looking up I gaze into the wood, I would love to go for a run away from all the humans. James must have since my unhappiness cause he pats my head ordering me to follow so we can eat. but I'm not hungry, just tired.

a nastily scent feels my noise, turning around I see 2 rogues one grey and the other brown they were both shaggy. I turn a I see them running towards us. growling I catch James attention he turns looking at me before looking at what I'm growling at. "oh shit" he takes off but stops when he relies I'm not following.

"Ella come" staying still I wait for them to get closer, ignoring James hollered and yells.

once they get close enough I lung forward, they didn't expect me to be bigger then them but they were pretty tiny... they were pups. they snaps at my heels, I snapped my teeth causing one to fall. a gun shot is rung out, we freeze. I look back to see James pointing his gun at the pups, no.

they freeze and start back up, he cocks the gun aiming for there heads, I growl and step in front of them, there just pup, but him being human he wont understand. "Ella move, there wolves move NOW!!! ELLA" he yells, I flinch not use to the yelling. I growl and shack my head no. the pups wine low. I look back to James hoping he sees the pleading in my eyes.

but my eyes weren't enough cause a gun shot rung out into the air.

_________________________________________________

Knox's Pov-

cold water pierces my skin as I shoot up from my laying position, I gasp for air as my body shivers from the water and the coldness of the concrete floor. rex stands there with a bucket that was once filled with cold water. he grinnes his sharp fangs on display. I growl shivering as a gust of coldness washes over me.

"when am I done with this" I growled out. Rex's smile flattened

"when you learn to control it" he said before locking the cage back up and walking out the door. anger rose inside of me, I tried to control it breathing in and out but when I opened my eyes all I say was red.

and red is one color I've grown fond to hate this past year.

____________________________________________

sorry this is a short chapter I'm working on my other book right now so the next chapter will be longer I promise.

have a good read.