38|| I won't let go

Start from the beginning

"Really?" she cupped my cheek tenderly and I gave her a cheerful nod, forcing my smile to beam.

"Of course. All good. Now slid over so I can drive."

She grumbled something and gave me a narrowed gaze but did as I asked and moved to the passenger's seat so I could occupied the driver's.

She wanted to drive, but considering her delicate state we both know it was better for me to do so. She was forced to agree on the way here, but the sneaky grandma used my little get out to take the driver seat as if thinking that would fool me. I gave her a winning grin sliding inside and closing the door.

She was a great shotgun, though. She babbled and joked and made me  forget about the nerves and all the doubts about my exposition.

Well, it wasn't my exposition. It was an exposition and there was a small spot for my project. But still.

I was in eternal debt with Loui for having let me borrow a space so the scouts could see it.

Macy was already waiting for us the moment we parked in the public lot before the Studio. She was wearing a light body and the strands of the swimsuit where visible.

Right. Today wouldn't stop with the stressful even this exposition was. It was Hattie's party as well. That 'small gathering' Norah's friend invited us a couple weeks ago, for her eighteen birthday. I'd almost forgotten since two days ago.

Since she had a pool and the weather had been hot as hell this past week, as if we were already on summer, she turned it into the very first pool party this year and a lot of people invited themselves at that.

What a joy.

My last pool party was literally a disaster.

Considering I don't even swim, I hadn't gotten myself a swimsuit since my parents took me to beach campings in vacation. I would had been good going with just a sundress, but Norah insisted and practically dragged me to the mall to buy me a bikini. Yep, not even a full swimsuit. A bikini. Now packed in my bag in the car. I felt like fainting at the thought of people seeing me on it.

Macy waved as we approach and once there I realized there were already people inside the gallery. My heart throbbed violently against my rib-cage. 

Loui was busy going up and down, organizing everything and gave me a quick smile and hug, followed by rushed directions and sent me to prepare my part for the fully opening, like, ten minutes from now.

All my nerves surprisingly erased the moment the doors were finally opened. In all fairness, my spot was a small one, not really in the spotlight and surrounded by other major works. It wouldn't attracted that much attention other than the people who came looking specifically for me. Perfect.

Indeed, I was proud of what it turned out. It'd been hard to choose a topic and to work on it, but after all the hours spend on it with the little time I was given I was satisfied with the result. More than satisfied, I thought feeling my chest bloathing as I stare at the three pictures on my spot. Yep, this could work.

The first persons wandered by and I surprised myself not been half as anxious as I was on the way here. It was as if now that it was happening I allowed myself to relax and examined it from affar.

Well, you wait until the scouts arrive.

More and more people came and went, filling the space with soft chatter and walking bodies. At first I thought about standing next to my place, waiting for the  USC representants to arrive but discovering I couldn't stand still for much long I went in search of the food tables on the big room next to this. It had small snack and little plastic glasses. I filled one with soda and went back to my place. Glacing arround impressed with the other works. If I wasn't so pendant of mine, I would had love to analyze others. I love expositions.