35|| Was it worth it?

Dedicated to shailahashmi, for all the support and lovely comments <333

OH MY GOD.

Startled I pulled away, staring baffled his mesmerizing blue eyes. Everything around us felt like a confused blur and without realizing it my hand had made its way to my lips as my gaze travelled down to Brett's.

Did he- Did he just kiss me?

I'd never been kissed before, and so far books and movies had done a great job with the hype around this moment. I'd wished for years for it to be perfect with the perfect guy. For so long I hoped it'd be Brett, then he turned against me and that wish died, but lately it came back stronger than ever. Yesterday we almost did and now... Now it just happened.

One simple, delightly, brief touch and he'd stolen my first kiss.

"You...kissed me." I blinked through the pouring rain as it drenched my hair and clothes, sticking them to my body. Yet my lips still tickling and burning from that lightly yet wonderful contact and I couldn't process any thing else.

Unaware of the people celebrating the victory around us, it all seemed to fade away. There were only Brett and I. He smirked, pulling me flush against his chest and my heart stopped.

"I think I did." everything else disappeared when he leaned down and sealed our mouths together again.

My eyes shut close and this time I found myself kissing back. Not that I knew what I was doing but my body took control, responding on instincts I didn't know I had, and it just felt right. I felt a smile stretching his lips, warm and soft against mine, fleeting as his hands gripped my waist tighter and my head spun as both of us moved in sync in a slow, sweet pace. Brett was taking his time like savouring each second of it while driving me to the edge of delirium. I laced my fingers in his slick flocks as fireworks shone under my lids and a blissful feeling took control over me.

That exceeded any fantasy I could had have and outshined every hype about firsts kisses.

Simply. AMAZING.

Why on earth took us so long from doing it? What a stupid waste of time!

One of his arms still encircling my waist and his other hand slowly found its way up my spine, spreading heat all over me and moving so sensually that I shuddered under his touch. He cupped my nape while tenderly caressing my cheek with his thumb, and I couldn't help a low moan when he sucked my bottom lip into his mouth and gently tugged...

Right before someone grasped our shoulders forcefully snapping us back to reality.

It was like emerging from the water after been diving for a while, realization and sound came back all at once along with the end of slow-motion.

"Well, dude, it was about time, but, honestly, PDA?" Hunter -apparently the one who'd interrupted us- winked at me and I blushed deeply. Hopefully most people seemed too busy in the fuss and crazy wheather to pay attention to what just ocurred and the few that did only sent me knowing looks and smirks.