2|| Broken and pitiable

|| 6 Months Ago ||

|| 6 Months Ago ||

I kept pedaling even tho it wasn't the best considering I was crying a river, but I needed to get away from everything. Away from what just happened.

I could still see the exact moment when the camera crashed against the floor, shattering along with my chances to get away from here. Why? Why?! I'd been working so hard to get it perfect just to have everything messed in the last possible minute? It almost felt like everytime I get close to escape life pulls me back to ugly reality. The violent sob almost made me fall off the bike. What had I ever did to deserve that?

I reached Granny's house, luckly she was visiting that friend from the neightbour town and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. I was glad wasn't here at that time to see how pathetic her only granddauther and last family member was. I hate to disappoint her. I didn't even bother to parked the bike correctly, I just threw it on the side of the porch and made my way towards the door not hearing the car that pulled out in front until its door was harshly opened. 

My eyes widened when the driver get out in a rush, calling for me. The heck was he doing here? Considering school still running and by the time he got here I guessed he must had rushed after me almost as soon as I left. Did he came to rub salt on the wound? My despair morphed into bitter fury. 

This was the last straw. 

One thing was to mess with me and another was to blow my future posibilities. He's crossed yet another line. It was like he challenged himself in order to keep coming up with new tortures. The fake look in his eyes didn't help.

"Lys. Fuck, I'm so sorry, I would never-"

As soon as he reached me I did what I never thought I will. 

I slapped him across the face. Hard. So hard that my palm ached and he groaned, but I forbade me to feel any guilt. For once I didn't care about the concequences. I didn't give a damn about his revenge tomorrow! He take college away from me and today I was allowed to be a bitch.

"You're a selfish bastard!" I yelled and I actually felt good while.  Brett slowly turned to face me, his lips parted, completely baffled as he brought on hand to his cheek. It already had started turning red. I clenched my shaking fists to prevent myself from doing it again. I'm so not a violent person but I was beyond myself at this point. "You have no idea what you'd done. What you've destroyed!"

He didn't mirrored my rage like I'd thought he would. Brett actually seemed lost, like he had no idea 'bout how he ended up there. He looked so innocent and vulnerable for once and it infuriated me to the edge.

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I was just joking and it-"

"Joking?" I cut him in disbelief. "JOKING? Oh, you were joking. Everything is a freaking damn joke for you! You just mess everything up! That's what you do!"