Limp Fish Stick

It had been a week since Rose made the plan. She had grown closer to everyone in the barn, especially Kanaya, in that week.

Jade had begun to worry about Rose's sudden attachment, she knew that they never ended well and she couldnt stand seeing Rose go through that again. Even worse Dave had begun to notice.

Rose was sitting on the couch in the makeshift livingroom with Kanaya and Karkat. They were speaking but it was hard to hear over Nepeta's and Eridan's disagreement.

"Shut up mew limp fish stick."

"If anything I wwould be a firm fish stick."

"Mew need a spine for that and Ampurra we know mew have no spine."

"Your messing with the wrong witch Nep!"

"mewr no witch, im living in the same house as mew and mew still dont have a familiar!"

"Wwell you dont have a wwitch!"

"So at least I have Equius! And I didnt go shooting him like mew and Feferi!"

"Actually I would prefer my injury stay out of this agruement."

"Sorry Fefuri."

"Its fine Nepeta, and hey why dont you spilt the cookie?"

"Its the last cookie Fef and im not sharing with that low class-"

"Eridan clam up and give her the cookie then!"

Nepeta grabbed the cookie from the shocked witch's hand and pranced over to the couch.

"Fef I really am sorry about that. It truely wwas an accident."

"Eridan I know, you were trying a new spell and I walked in at the wrong time. I promise I hold no grudge."

"Oh thank God."

"Oh im not finished Eridan. I dont hold a grudge for that, I hold a grudge for the fact you were practicing that spell to use on Sollux"

"Fef he doesnt deserve you! You're practically a goddess and hes just a parasite."

Their argument got louder.

"Rose im so sorry about this. Its happened everytime youve visited."

"Its fine Kanaya."

"Would you like to continue this conversation in my room?"

"Id love to, are you coming Karkat?"

"Hell no I want to see this fuckass get his ass kicked by Feferi."

Rose followed Kanaya up the stairs to her room where she closed the door and sat on the bed.

"Where were we?"

"I believe we were discussing, actually I dont know Kanaya."

"I cant remember either."

Both girls began to laugh.

"Oh its pretty late."

"You are right. Would you like to just tonight instead of drive in the dark?"

"I wouldnt want to be a bother."

"No please id much rather you stay than risk driving this late with your terrible lights."

Rose realized she was right. The headlights on her car were going out and she really couldnt see.

"Are you sure I wouldnt be a bother?"

"Im positive. Besides I love have conversations with you."

"Conversations with you are very enjoyable."

Kanaya's face turned a light shade of red.

"Do you have a fever?"

"Huh?"

"Your face is red, wait can vampires even get a fever?"

Rose put her hand on Kanaya's cheek to feel for a tempature. Kanaya felt the heat rising in her cheeks and didnt know what to do.

"I- um well."

"Are you feeling ok?"

"Ya, I feel fine."

Rose looked at the girl and leaned in.

"Are you sure?"

With her hand still on her cheek Rose kissed Kanaya's forehead to check for a tempature.

"You dont feel warm."

Kanaya put her hand on Rose's cheek and looked at her eyes.

Rose let out a little laugh and asked

"Whatcha up to?"

With a smile on her face.

"Im not quite sure."

Rose laughed again before she leaned in and kissed her. Kanaya looked at her before she closed her eyes and kissed back. They part when air was needed and looked at each other.

"Well then,"

"What shall we do?"

"I think so sleep is best."

Rose laid down and Kanaya laid next to her. Rose wrapped her arms around Kanaya and she leaned her head in the crook of Rose's neck before they both fell asleep.