five

"Addy?" I hear my mom calling down the hall. I want to tell her to go away, that I am fine, but I can't. I can't move off the floor, I can't cry, I can't speak. I'm drained of all energy. My door slowly opens and I see my mom check my bed and not see me. I manage to croak out a "Mommy", but it takes a lot out of me. She walks to me an crouches down beside me. "Oh, my baby" she raises her hand to my face and brushes my hair off. "Can you get up love?", I don't move so she takes that as a no. "Kian!" she calls out frantically.

  "Yes baby?" he asks when he reaches my door. He looks down at my mom then at me. I see something in his eyes harden. "Oh baby" he says joining my mom next to me. "Lift her onto her bed Ki", she urges. My father picks me up bridal style from the ground and sets me gently onto my bed. My mom goes to grab water and my father sits on the side of my bed holding my hand. "Daddy, it hurts. It hurts so bad", he reaches his hand up and caresses my face the same way my mom did, "I know love" he sympathizes.

   My mom walks back into the room with a glass of water and some Tylenol. She takes a seat on the other side of my bed and hands me the pills and the water. I swallow the pill and gulp down the whole glass of water. My eyes travel to my mom's and I can see in her eyes that she knows what happened. "Where?" I ask, knowing she will understand. "He went to stay with Gramma, until you guys make up,or until we leave." I nod and close my eyes for a second. My mother lowers her voice and asks my father, "Do you think you could give us a few, I'll explain more when I'm done." He must nod his head, because I feel the weight on his side of the bed move, then he kisses my forehead and leaves.

  I open my eyes and look to my mother, "Momma, I screwed up," she doesn't react she just tells me to go on. "He was telling me how he was in love with me and how he was going to tell me last August but I was with Jake, and he finished and I just told him 'I can't' and he questioned it and I told him that I couldn't love him like that." She looks at me expectantly, like she knows there is more. "I'm in love with him momma, but I can't loose him, not like you did Dad. I wouldn't make it. I mean look at me, and he's only down the road." She nods her head and scoots me over, laying down with me. she pulls me in close and hugs me.

  "Ads, you do what is best for you, you know dad and I will support you no matter what." After that we fell asleep. When I wake up a few hours later, my mom is gone, so I hug myself and go back to sleep.

  Kam's POV

We leave 3 days later. Adley never talks to me or even looks at me. I am standing in the airport with a family that I've known for 12 years, yet I feel like a stranger. Kian shoots me dirty looks every chance he gets. Which maybe I deserve, I didn't stick around to see the aftermath, I took off. I do feel bad for leaving like that. It hurt me a lot to hear Adley's sobs when I entered the hallway, I couldn't stay around and stitch her back together this time, this time I also needed stitching. So I walked downstairs and Mady heard us, so she made me talk. She was less than pleased with the way I told Adley, but glad I finally did it, nonetheless.

  They call for our plane, so we make our way to the gate and give the stewardess our tickets. We board the plane and my seat is right next to Adley's, because when they were bought we were perfectly fine. I sit down in the aisle seat and Adley turns to face  out the window, ignoring me. Once everyone is settled the pilot announces take off.  We land and Adley hasn't spoken a word to me, I caught a few glances but nothing too long lasting.

  After we get our luggage, we all pile into the minivan. Adley climbs into the back with Gabe this time. the car ride is very awkward and very silent, except for Gabe whispering stupid jokes to Adley and her giggling softly. When we arrive at the Lawley Household,I quickly get out, grab my luggage and thank Mady for taking me to Iowa. "You're always welcome Kammy, you know that", I flinch at the nickname, thinking back to the fight and hearing Adley's crying voice call out for me.Trying to shake off the feeling I give Mady a hug and walk down the road to my house.