"S-s-so the one you l-like is him? Elliot?" She gasped. "Oh my god, I didn't know. I'm so sorry, I was so far off. Why didn't you say you were already in a relationship, when I asked you?"

"Yeah well the thing is, we just recently got together," I scratched the back of my neck, slightly in guilt despite not knowing for what I should feel guilty for.

"Oh uh congratulations I think. I mean, I'll be keeping it a secret if you want to, I promise I won't tell anyone," she rushed. "God I was just send to heaven and back to earth, how can you two do something like that in the school's library if you want to stay in the closet?"

"Well we got a little careless, I guess" I chuckled.

"We?" Elliot cocked an eyebrow at me. "If you say so. Whatsoever, you should better go leave before your teacher gets upset with you," he hushed me away and reminded me at the same time that I still had to go to class.

"Right, let's clear things up on the way," I said to Kisha before turning to Elliot and messed up his hair. "I'll see you later, kay?" Not happy about that gesture, he accordingly scrunched up his nose in exasperation and went ahead to fix it while Kisha and I went to our class together.

"So Elliot, hm? I didn't know you swing that way," she chuckled as we were passing the, almost empty hallway.

"Yeah me neither." Whether she wanted to believe me or not, but I was still new to that excessively liking someone stage that I was in now. "Before I never understood what others had when they were in a relationship, I never even got why people seriously cried for days when something didn't go their way. And now I'm in that same spot."

I can't deny that I'd be a bit, no, very lost, when Elliot would really want to break up with me. I can't even help thinking about it. The insecurity is massive. Especially because Elliot was just not that kind of person that allowed you to know what he was thinking if he didn't want you to.

"Uh to be honest, I wasn't really over you the past few weeks after your rejection. But seeing you with him together... at least it lets me be at peace," she smiled.

"Why's that?"

"Because I seriously thought that there was something wrong with me after assuming you just said that you liked someone else as a petty excuse to not hurt my feelings. I mean it's not uncommon. Although it's not a bad thing to do, it just made me feel uneasy."

I didn't know what to say to that. But one thing I noticed is that I didn't really consider her feelings, didn't even spend a second thought about it. Maybe El was right. I tend to get a little inconsiderate towards others.

"However, it's fine now. I mean, you and Elliot look so cute together, there is no way that anyone could be upset about it," she smiled and stopped as we reached the classroom, knocking against the door before we entered.

"Martinez, Grover, finally blessing us with your presence," Mr. Hendry said.

Just the mere sight of that grumpy white haired man and I wanted to turn around and leave. And other people be wondering why I'm failing math class?

How can I not?

*

"I hope you didn't forget your biology book, again," Elliot reminded me just before I wanted to start the car to drive back home.

"Oh shit, I forgot," I gasped and instantly jumped out the car, heading off with a brief "Wait a second I'll go and get it." I slightly jogged back towards the school on the way to my locker. Of course the school was empty, given that no one had classes anymore, maybe a few clubs were active but not any that I knew of.