Chapter 22

_Chapter 22_

Ricky Martinez

"Are you going to their match tomorrow?" Derek questioned as he was leaning against one of the book shelves, waiting for me to finish returning the books in the library.

"Probably. It's an event you can't possibly miss out on. And maybe I get to see their co-captain throw a fist at Anderson," I smirked. It wouldn't be the first time for something like that to happen.

"How vicious," he chuckled. "Anyway, I'd suggest you not to get any near him today. He had already been on edge since the revenge declaration of Lenden's team last week. But now he's just out of hand."

"I get it, why're you still telling me that?" I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Why?!" He cocked an eyebrow at me an crossed his arms. "You know why! Because the only person Anderson is highly sensitive to is no one else but your block head. And for some reason you always happen to rip each other's throat out the mere second you meet in the hallway."

"I'm not the one looking for fights. Besides, if it was up to me, I'd just be minding my own business. But it's kinda challenging when he and his minions are spread around school like damn cockroaches."

"Whatever, go hit up Elliot, he looks like he needs someone to annoy him." He nodded his head in the direction of him in the corner, busy doing some school work I suppose.

"That, sir Derek, is a great idea," I smirked and rubbed my hands and made my way over to him. The thought of his annoyed face just made me chuckle. But unfortunately, my expectations were instantly crushed as soon as I took the seat almost next to him, waiting for him to notice me which of course never happened.

Perhaps, he just didn't realize I was there. At least, that is what I assumed but it wasn't the case. I knew once I purposely cleared my throat in an unnatural way without any following reaction of his. There was no way he misheard it.

"Hey," I tried again, this time actually without the purpose of annoying him. Not minding me like that was seriously irritating. "Hey pay me some attention!" His eyes were fixed on his laptop nonetheless.

What could I say to throw him off guard? I bit my lips, seriously contemplating my choices when something stupid came through my mind.

"Hey, Elliot," I grinned mischievously. "I was wondering whether I should buy some condoms you now, in case things get out of hand."

He immediately stopped typing, his expression changed, like he was ready to strangle me as he slowly turned his head to me, taking a pen out of his case and throwing it in my face.

Luckily, I could fend it off in the last second despite falling into a fit of laugh. "Go fuck off if you have nothing better to do!" He hissed.

"Instead of fucking off what about fucking you?" I annoyed him even more because obviously it wasn't enough. He turned beat red and shook his head like he didn't really want to deal with me any longer. "C'mon, I'm only half joking."

"If you don't shut up, I won't ever even consider." He turned back to his work and attempted regaining his concentration.

"Is that suppose to be a threat?" I smiled and eventually stopped joking. "Does that mean you have already thought about it?"

He sighed and and dropped his hands after closing his laptop. "Why must we talk about it now in a damn library when you have two eyes capable enough to see that I'm busy?"

"It doesn't matter when we talk about it, it is not like you'd ever want to," I shrugged.

"Then wait until I do," he whispered, barely audible. "Just wait until I do want to talk about it." He took the time to move right next to me after his eyes skimmed through the library to check if anyone was close. "And one thing," he whispered. My instincts guided me, making me lean in to catch what he was trying to say when all of the sudden I felt a sharp pain from him, harshly flicking his fingers against my forehead.