Chapter 22: test

I was finally going back to New Jersey after my two day stay at a hotel. I told my parents what happened and they agreed to pick me up. I was waiting for my plane for about thirty minutes until they called my flight for boarding. The plane ride to Jersey wasn't long. I got a small bag of peanuts and listened to my music.

*After landing*

I headed over to baggage claim and waited for my suitcase to come on to the conveyor belt. Once I got my stuff, I walked over to the pick up area outside. I saw Vanessa coming out of the passenger seat.

Vanessa: I'm so sorry sweetie you've gone through so much and I can't imagine what you're feeling right now

y/n: Thanks Vanessa I kinda don't wanna talk about it right now

Vanessa: That's alright come here hun

She pulled me in for a hug. Maybe this is where I belong. After all these months I keep coming back to Jersey no matter what. I belong in this family even if it means getting along with Bailey again.

Vanessa: I have a little surprise when we get home

y/n: really?

Vanessa: Yes, it may look dumb at first but I think you will like it

y/n: I can't wait

I smiled and walked over to my dad who was putting my stuff in the trunk.

y/n: hey dad

dad: I don't know what to say y/n

He pulled me in close and squeezed me. Something is wrong I can tell.

y/n: dad is everything all right?

dad: it's my fault

y/n: what's your fault?

dad: I started you're mom on drugs. I was using it when we were still together and then one day she decided to use what I kept hidden away.

y/n: she is the one who did it

dad: I shouldn't have started either way I'm sorry

y/n: it's not your fault. Look how successful you are now. You have a wife and one or maybe two daughters.

dad: oh shit! Pardon my language but we should have the dna results today.

y/n: Bailey let you do the test?

dad: she wanted to

y/n: oh

Vanessa: hurry up guys!

y/n: were coming

I opened the door to the car and sat inside. Vanessa looked at me and whispered something to my dad. I didn't care, I just leaned my head against the window and stared outside. Flash backs of Layla, Aunt Gracie and I came rushing through my mind. I pulled out my phone and started texting.

                                                 Aunt Gracie

                                                                                 y/n: I think you should tell Layla

Aunt Gracie: I want you to be in Jersey when I do

                                                                               y/n: I am in Jersey

Aunt Gracie: What about Chicago?

                                                                                  y/n: found out my mom is using and dealing drugs