The Awaiting Moment

School had ended for the day and I walked home. I had to get ready to go over to Kou's house later today. When I got home, I picked out an outfit. I decided to wear a white off the shoulder shirt and a pair of grey comfy shorts. After I knew my parents fell asleep, I snuck over to Kou's house. We didn't have school the next day so I could spend as much time at Kou's house as I wanted. I just had to get home before my parents realized that I left.

Once I reached Kou's house, I rang the doorbell and he opened the door. He was wearing a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. He looked tired until he saw me and then he started staring at my shoulder. I wondered if I should have worn a different shirt.

"Hey Kou...is my shoulder bothering you?" I asked.

"No, sorry...it's just that you've never revealed the skin on your shoulder before so..." he started to trail off. Probably from embarrassment. I giggled at him being so honest. I never understood why boys were so captivated by a shoulder but I didn't care. Kou was being so cute when he said that.

"You can come in," said Kou.

"Okay," I replied as I walked in and took my shoes off.

"Would you like anything?" asked Kou.

"Maybe a glass of water?" I replied. I waited in Kou's room as he got me a glass of water. I couldn't help but feel really nervous. He finally arrived and gave me the glass and we started to talk. Suddenly, he just stopped and looked at me. We stared deep into each other's eyes and I could hear the fan spinning above us. It was an awkward moment and I felt a weird impulse.