synopsis.

TIME:
the healer
and
the killer

╔═════════════════╗
OBLIVION°
d. dixon
╚═════════════════╝

THE blight slipped over her like a silk sheet

Softly at first, then gently suffocating. She wanted to sleep.

But she chose to FIGHT.

ELLIS often wondered how it would end. How she would simply stop. How there would be nothing left of her. No pain. No memory, no awareness that she ever was. Her veins would no longer feel the warmth of her blood, her skin would never know the tenderness of touch, her lips would never recall the innocence of a kiss. His kiss. Her existence would cease and everything would be as it was before her. Her atoms would scatter just as the stars do behind the veil of night. She would be a billion other places, a billion other things. All she ever was, all she ever will be is there. Laying amongst her flesh, her bones.

All he ever needed would no longer exist.

DARYL couldn't imagine it. He refused to. Within her lay the very core of his need to survive. She had given him reason, purpose. An unexpected awakening. In a world plagued by death, she restored life. His life. Her essence was pure velvet, a blanket only she could provide; a shield to the new. She had thrown herself into his world without warning, scooping his heart gently into her hands - only to crush it beneath the weight of her own torment. In that moment he witnessed his own demons fighting within the reflection of her eyes and he knew that all he ever was, all he ever will be is her.

But she knew they couldn't avoid the inevitable, not forever. One day, they would both meet their own bitter end. Be it at the end of a pistol or within the hollow throat of the dead. To her, she simply awaited the day. The day her brain shut off. When all spark, all current falls flat and her thoughts dissipate into the air. When his name can no longer caress her tongue, and his hands could no longer trace the curve of her cheek. She hoped he would be with her at least, one final time. For that one day, one singular moment when she would feel herself slip away into the unknown.

into
OBLIVION.