•3•

"I'm nervous," she says as I pull into the parking lot.

"Why? Everything is going to be fine," I say.

She sighs, "I know, but it's still scary. This is going to be super official now."

"I know," I say. I park the car and I look over at her, "We are going to get through this though. We always do."

She smiles, "I know."

"So are you ready?"

"I am."

We get out of the car and I quickly lock it. I meet her on the other side of the car and we conjoin hands.

I knew she would be nervous for this appointment, but I told her there isn't anything to worry about. No matter what happens I'm not going anywhere. We are in this together forever now.

Once we are inside we go to the front desk. Allison writes her name down on the sign in sheet and then we sit down in the waiting chairs.

"As a kid I've always wanted to be in this place. I always wanted tons of kids," she says quietly, "Now it's crazy that I'm here."

"It's a blessing though," I say.

She smiles, "It really is."

The small door opens and a nurse walks out, "Allison," she says a bit loud, but not too loud.

We both stand up and we walk to the door. We go through it, "Hi, how are you guys?" The nurse asks. She starts walking down the halls and we follow her.

"Good, and you?" Allison says.

"I'm doing great," she says. "Thank you."

She leads us to a room that has a big bed with a bunch of machines surrounding it. There is three black chairs to the side and a desk for the doctor.

"You guys can both have a seat there," she says pointing at the black chairs. She shuts the door and sits down in her spinning chair, "We are just going to ask some simple questions before we start your examination."

"Okay," Allison says. I reach over and I connect her hand with mine. I give her a tight squeeze and she smiles. I wish she wasn't so nervous.

"So when did you find out you were pregnant?"

"About a week ago," Allison says, "I took a few pregnancy tests at home."

"Okay, perfect," she starts to type on her computer and it stays silent for a few seconds, "How many did you take and did they all come out positive?"

"I took three and all three of them came out to be positive," Allison says.

"Okay and did you have any symptoms? What made you take the tests?"

"Well I was three days late on my period and I started throwing up in the mornings."

"When did you start throwing up?" She asks.

"A few days before I took the tests," Allison says, "I missed my period and then started throwing up. That's when I thought I should take them."

"Okay, that's all I need to know for now," she says, "The doctor will be in soon, but I'm going to prep you now. Can you lay down on the table?"

"Sure," Allison says. She stands up from the chair and lays down on the table. The nurse lifts up her shirt and puts some gel on her stomach.

Allison jumps back very lightly. Probably because it's super cold. The people in movies always say that the gel is cold.