Stow Away Part 2

In the morning Callum awoke to noises. He rubbed his eyes and then fell out of his hammock when Amaya opened the door and early morning sunlight flooded the room. 

"We pulled into dock. We need you and Ez." Then she left and the door shut. 

Callum stumbled out of his hammock and shook Ez. 

"Mhh. Five more minutes." Ez mumbled and rolled over. 

Callum laughed. "We docked." He said and Ez bolted up. 

"YESS!!" He screamed and took off up the stairs. Callum washed up and put his scarf on then clomped up the stairs as well. 

He looked around at the chaos of land. People walked around, workers loaded boxes to the ship and children screamed and played tag around the docks. Callum smiled. He loved this part. He helped the workers going fast so he could do his ritual. 

It was getting late before Callum could sneak off the ship with a leather bag in his hand. He walked around a bit before finding his target. 

A homeless family. 

He bent down and handed them the small leather sack. The coins inside jingled as he passed it over. The mother looked inside and then looked at Callum tears filling her eyes. 

"Thank you." She whispered and then Callum went back to the ship. 

Ez smiled. "Doing your ritual?" He asked. Callum was about to answer but then he heard shouts and screaming. A girl turned the corner fast as lighting and ran up the gangplank. A group of drunken, sword swinging for-real pirates followed her yelling and hollering. 

The girl bent over, panting then after a second she ran to the gangplank and pulled it up with surprising strength. The pirates lashed there swords from the dock and the girl stuck her tongue out at them. 

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" Amaya boomed and glared at the girl. The girl turned slowly and she hunched her shoulders under Amaya's gaze. Her tough exterior crumbled. 

"S-sorry." She muttered. Callum felt bad for the girl. 

"Back off." He said to his aunt and then slipped down the rigging. He held his hand out to the girl and grinned. "Well, we're not pirates, and we don't have to stick to the code." He said and the girl looked up at him, her face turning pink. 

"I-I never said anything." She said and Callum grinned wider. 

"I say that to everybody." He answered and the girl took his hand and let him pull her to the bridge. "Welcome aboard."