CHAPTER ELEVEN (PART 2)

Celes dropped herself against the wall of the outside of the training hall and buried her face in her hands. What was she thinking? She was a goddess, he was a human. There's no way it would have worked out from the start but she really wanted to entertain the thought longer. She really wanted to stay in that world... forever.

Her thoughts are interrupted when the heavy metal door opened and out ran Haru followed by Chitoge. "Celes, what's the matter?"

The goddess stayed the way she was for a while. "Just leave me alone." Her voice was muffled but she hoped she had been audible enough to be heard.

Chitoge and Haru exchanged glances before kneeling beside her. "Lady Celes, are you not well?"

Celes gritted her teeth. "Chitoge..." She had a very brief second of thought to herself. "Can I talk to Mr. Otonashi alone?"

The priestess was silent but she eventually gave in to the request and headed back inside the hall.

"So..." Haru was getting weary of the silence that had drifted up on them following Chitoge's departure. "What's on your mind?"

"Humans are mortals. right?" Her response was quick and monotonous but she didn't pay heed to it.

Haru made a face. "Yeah," he answered, a bit unsure where that came from all of a sudden.

Celes shifted to a more comfortable seating position. "How long do you live for?"

"Huh?"

The goddess worked her arms to stop the aching she was feeling after being knocked around by Lord Order all day. Too bad healing didn't do much to quell pain. "How long do humans live for?"

Haru was confused but he shrugged in the end. "Kind of hard to say. Humans can die at any time."

Celes pinched her lips together. "Remember that thing we did?"

The boy shuffled in his seat. "You mean..."

The goddess nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. "Could we do it again?"

Haru suddenly felt his cheeks getting warm. How could she say something of that sort like it was just an average request? "Can I ask you something?"

Celes peered up at him. "What?"

He sunk a little into his shell but he might as well get this over with. "H-how old are you?"

Celes felt her body tense. "My age?"

Haru scratched his chin. "Well... if we're in a relationship we should know at least that much about each other, right?"

The girl's features eased. "We're in a relationship?"

"Aren't we? I mean, only people who really care for each other do that kind of thing."

Celes nods slowly. "You're seventeen, right?" She looks up in thought. "In your time, I'd be... I think more than eight thousand times your age."

Haru's eyes widened. "Really? You don't look that old."

She nodded and let her eyes drift away from him. "It feels embarrassing to say that."

"I guess I should have expected that."

"Hm?"

Haru laughs nervously and strokes her hair. "Nothing, nothing. It just feels weird now."

Celes pouts. "You're just making me feel bad about it now."

He leans over and plants a kiss on her forehead. "Sorry, I just mean that's going to be a very hard age gap to explain."

Short and in my opinion, not at all relevant but I thought Chapter Eleven was way too short so I just made another part to it. Haven't had much time to write recently and I apologize for that but I'll probably publish 2 chapters once I get the time to, fingers crossed. Anyway, I hope I haven't disappointed too much and happy reading and have a monumental day!