Chapter 16

A couple months went by. Claire woke up and got out bed. She smelled a wonderful smell and made her way into the kitchen. Her father was making breakfast. "Good morning, sweetheart." Steve said.

"Morning." Claire said. "What smells so good?"

"I'm making cinnamon French toast for breakfast." Steve replied. Claire nodded.

"I'll make us some coffee." She said.

"Ok." said Steve. Claire went over to the coffee pot and started it.

Once Claire finished the coffee and Steve finished the French toast, they both set everything on the table and sat down. They started eating. "So, there's something I wanted to discuss with you." Steve said.

"What is it?" Claire asked.

"Nick is heading to the heading to headquarters in Washington D.C." Steve started. "And he asked me to go too."

"Would it just be you?" Claire asked.

"No." Steve said. "Natasha and Maria are going too."

"How long would we be there for?" Claire asked.

"For awhile." Steve said. "We would move there. Nick set us up with an apartment close to the headquarters."

"When are we leaving?" Claire asked.

"A week." Steve answered. Claire nodded and continued eating. "Can you help me clean up breakfast?" Steve asked, after they finished eating.

"Yeah." Claire said. She picked up the dishes from the table and washed them in the sink. "Is it ok if I hang out with Sarah?" Claire asked, once they had finished cleaning up.

"Sure. That's fine." Steve said.

Claire went to her room. She texted Sarah and started to get dressed. She changed into a grey shirt with pink sleeves, jeans, and pink converses. All she did with her hair was comb it out.

Once she finished getting ready, Claire headed downstairs

Once she finished getting ready, Claire headed downstairs. "I'll see you later, Dad." She said as she put on her leather jacket.

"Have fun with Sarah." Steve said. "I'm going to be at headquarters."

"Ok." Claire said. "I'll head over there later." She walked out of the apartment complex and went over to her motorcycle. Steve had got it for her just recently. She put her helmet on, got on the bike, and started it. She rode to the park, where she was meeting Sarah.

When Claire got to the park, she saw Sarah on a bench. Claire parked her bike and went over to her. "Hey Sarah!" She said.

"Hey Claire!" Sarah said. "Nice ride."

"Thanks." Claire said, sitting on the bench. "My Dad just got it for me."

"Nice." Sarah said. "So, how have you been?"

"Good." Claire replied. "What about you?"

"Same." Sarah answered.

"So, me and my Dad are moving." Claire said.

"You are?" Sarah asked. Claire nodded. "Where?" Sarah asked.

"Washington D.C." Claire replied.

"When are you leaving?" Sarah asked.

"In a week." Claire answered.

"So, we don't have a lot of time to hang out before you leave." said Sarah.

"Yeah." Claire said.

"Well, we can always FaceTime each other." Sarah said.

"You'll have to show me how to do that." Claire said.

"It's very easy to do." Sarah said as she took her phone out. She showed Claire how to use FaceTime. Claire and Sarah continued to hang out.

"So, there's a video I found on YouTube that I wanted to show you." Sarah said. She pulled up a video on her phone. The title of video was called "Star Spangeled Man with a Plan." As Sarah played the video Claire saw her dad in some version of a Captain America suit. There were women behind him, singing.

"Oh my god." Claire said, laughing a little.

"When did your Dad do this?" Sarah asked.

"By the type of dresses the girls are wearing, it looks like it's from the 1940s." Claire replied.

"Have you seen this before?" Sarah asked.

"No." Claire said. Sarah nodded.

After a little bit, Claire decided to head to the headquarters. "Bye Sarah." Claire said. "I'll see you later."

"See ya, Claire." Sarah said.

"I'll make sure we can hang out again before I leave." Claire said. "Ok." Sarah said. Claire went over to her bike, got on, and headed to the SHIELD headquarters.

When she arrived there, she parked her bike and walked into the building. She went into the lounge where her dad and the others, besides Nick, were. "Hi Claire." Maria greeted.

"Hey guys." Claire said.

"Hey." Steve said. "How's Sarah?"

"She's good." Claire replied. "I told her that we were leaving New York."

"You did?" Steve asked.

Claire nodded. "We're going to find time to hang out again before we leave." She said.

"Ok." Steve said.

"I think there's something you need to explain." Claire said.

"What?" Steve asked.

"What the hell is this?" Claire asked as she pulled up the video that Sarah showed her. Steve glared at her for the language. "Sorry." Claire said.

Steve looked at the video as it started playing. "Where did you find this?" He asked.

"Sarah showed it to me." Claire replied.

"What is this?" Natasha asked. Everyone looked at Steve.

"After I took the serum, at first, they wouldn't let me help out with the war like I wanted to and they had me do promotional stuff instead." Steve explained. "It was humiliating."

"I'm never going to let you live this down." Claire said. Steve sighed. Everyone laughed as they continued to watch the video.

"Claire, do you want to do some training with me and Clint?" Natasha asked.

"Sure." Claire said. "Let me change and I'll meet you guys in the training room."

"We'll be in the training room, once you're ready." Clint said. Claire went to change into workout clothes and headed to the training room.