fire

"WHAT!?"

wooyoung jumped back, clearly startled by san's reaction. "i mean as friends! i didn't mean to alarm you . . . ."

"whatever, just--" san tangled his hands in his hair. "just leave!"

wooyoung placed a hand on the taller's. "san, i--"

"don't touch me!" he leaped to his feet. "you obviously don't know who i am, coming into my life and trying to be my friend and being all touchy and shit . . . ." san groaned, slamming his fist against the wall. "am i trophy to you? do you wanna break my trust, just like-- like . . . " he voice broke as he trailed off, his face softening. "her."

"that's not my intention at all!" wooyoung denied quickly. "i actually want to get to know you . . . ."

"get out of my house!" by now tears were forming in san's eyes. "i can't handle this again . . . ." he gripped his wrist, his voice softening.

"san, please calm down--"

"shut up!" he snapped, and wooyoung obeyed. "i don't need you. i don't need anyone! i'm fine on my own!" he yelled, though it sounded more like he was convincing himself rather than wooyoung. "just get the fuck out of my house and stay away from me."

the golden boy bit his lip, slowly turning to walk away. he knew better than to keep this going. he had a mission to complete, and he would he certain to fail of he continued to create a rift between himself and the jewel he was searching so tirelessly for. his years of searching had got him nowhere, and even when his destiny was right under his nose, his hard work proved to be fruitless. this was going to take longer than he thought.

the air had a certain bite to it, especially after what san had just said to him. he felt his heart breaking. he knew choi san wouldn't be the typical run-of-the-mill super, but he never expected a case this severe. san didn't even seem to understand the meaning or the power behind his remarkable ability, and that's what upset wooyoung the most. death was part of life, an unstoppable force that surpasses the power of time and space. no matter what you put up to block it, it will always come back, and choi san had complete control over it.

life was feeble, and if even only one thing is off balance, it is unable to show itself. even the most basic foundations of life belong to death, from souls to even just the fertilizer of a small beanstalk.

jung wooyoung and choi san could be yin and yang, but instead the yang has no room to make space for the yin. they seemed to be too different.

just too different.

-

455 words
unedited

lowkey hate this chapter bc i wrote it when i was in the classic "someone literally kill me right now please i will give you money my entire will belongs to you now sorry it isnt much" mood