Three

chapter three.
no questions asked

June wakes up in a lavish bedroom with sheets that cost more than her entire wardrobe. She can barely remember the night before and her head is killing her. The last thing she remembers is seeing Topper coming towards her and JJ with a gun, which is beginning to become normal.

She rolls over and quickly finds her phone next to her to see multiple texts from Kiara, JJ, Pope, and John B. From John B there were many missed calls and voicemails. How he did it with no cell service, she has no idea.

She decides it was best to call Kiara, seeing as she's the one who might have any form of service. The teen wasn't surprised to hear John B's voice instead of the girls.

"June, are you okay? Where are you? You need to come back here right now," The teen is bustling with nervousness, having lost sight of the girl after Topper led her away.

"JB, relax," She groaned, taking the phone away from her ear. "First, I have a killer headache. Second, I think I'm at Toppers or some kooks house. Third, I can't go there right now, I don't have a car and it's probably gonna be a long walk.

"Junie," John B hesites to ask, looking around at the rest of the group who are crowded around the phone listening. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

"I got wasted and ended up at some kooks house?" She answers, rolling out of bed.

"No," He sighs, sadly having to go into detail about what happened. But before he got the chance, Topper's blond head poked in the door and met her sleepy eyes.

June almost fell off the bed in surprise. Sure, this wasn't the first time she had been at Topper's house. But after having heard John B's tone of voice and what he thought she did last night, this is not something good.

She hung up immediately as the two teens stared at each other.

"Please tell me we didn't," June didn't mean for it to come across rude but she needs to know.

"Of course not," Toppers is horrified that she would think so low of him. "I wouldn't take advantage of you. Not like that other guy,"

"What other guy?" June questions.

Topper's mouth opens and shuts, "You don't remember,"

"No..." The girl trails off for him to fill in her blank memory.

"Junie," Topper cautiously steps forward. "Last night some guy, Touron as you call it, drugged your drink and tried to take you to his car,"

"No," June shakes her head, starting to laugh at Topper. "That's not a funny joke, Top,"

She screws her eyes shut, pressing her palm to her head. Her head hurts from trying to salvage any memory of these events that happened.

There's nothing there, almost like her mind throwing up a wall to hide away from the events that took place. She didn't want to believe Topper but the look on his face and thinking back to what John B sounded like, she was starting to think that could have happened.