I felt Lena began to pull her hand away from mine underneath the island counter. I gripped her wrist from slowly slipping away and placed her hand firmly onto my lap.

"I'm gonna wear jeans and a Cowboys jersey." I shrugged nonchalantly, brushing Natalie off as she heavily scoffed.

"No the fuck you're not Austin. This is an appearance, not one of your concerts. You have to dress up." She insisted, making me internally roll my eyes at her attitude.

"Lena what do you think?" I turned my head towards my beautiful girl who was sitting quietly next to me while her thumb rubbed circles against my leg.

She paused her comforting motion as I said her name and looked from me to Natalie with a hesitant look on her pretty face.

"I think I'm not going to get involved." She let out a quiet chuckle, her voice soft and sweet compare to the harshness of Natalie's tone.

"No Lena, please. What do you think?" Natalie sarcastically asked with hostility dripping in her voice as she spoke.

Lena cleared her throat as she looked over to me. "I think Austin should wear whatever he wants to." I watched her shrug her shoulders.

"You look really sexy in a suit. But whatever you decide to wear, I'm sure you'll look handsome regardless." She gave me a grin as she squeezed my thigh.

I shyly smiled at her, her compliments always sending a tint of pink to my face.

"Maybe I will wear a suit." I mumbled as I placed my hand on hers.

I felt Natalie's disgusted stare burning a hole through us as she stood up from the sofa, her fists angrily curled on each side of her.

"Let me know if you need alterations." She seethed as she stormed out the room and out of our sight.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic exit before turning my attention back to Lena, finally free to wrap my arms around her waist.

"Anyway, you look absolutely fucking breathtaking today. I'm upset I'm going to be in the studio all day and not with you." I pouted, earning a smirk from her pretty lips.

"You'll see me after rockstar." She winked as she rose from her seat, circling her arms around my neck as I pulled her close between my legs. "I promise."

"You're gonna owe me a kiss for each minute I'm away from you." I cocked my brow, giving her a sly smirk as she giggled softly.

"That sounds like a hell of a lot of kisses. But I think I'll managed." She grazed her lips against mine, teasing me as they just barely brushed together.

"Well they all don't have to be on my lips." I wickedly shot back as her doe eyes widened at my slick comment.

"Austin!" She laughed, playfully hitting my shoulder as I kissed her jawline.

"When are you going to start recording?" She asked, her finger tips gliding down the nape of my neck.

"Soon, my producer should be here in a little while." I said as I tilted my head back at her intoxicating touch.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find Jay to tell him about the new contract." She said, as I held her firmly in my grip.

"I'll see you later Mr. GQ." She whispered, sending a wave of frozen chills straight down my spine.

She finally leaned in, giving me a lengthy kiss, much to my surprise as Adam was still sitting in the living room, with us still very much in his view.

I smiled into the kiss as I realized she was becoming more and more comfortable with being affectionate towards me.

She pulled away, running her nude nails through my hair as I dropped my hands down, caressing the back of her thighs.

"Lee." I mumbled before giving her a short peck.

"Yes baby." Her sweet words vibrating against my lips.

"I'm yours too. All yours."

I watched her face twist with an unreadable expression as she stared down at me. Her eyes looked as if she wanted to say a million words but instead she said nothing. She placed one last kiss on my lips before tearing away from my embrace and disappearing around the corner.

I pushed away from the kitchen island to take a shower as I saw a text from my main producer. He was on his way to help me record some tracks and play around with some samples for my next album.

As I was making my way to the stairs, I saw Adam staring at me with an amused look on his face and I knew I wasn't going anywhere without hearing an ear full as he gestured for me to join him on the couch.

I stopped in my tracks and made my way towards the living room, curious to what he had to say.

"What?" I asked as he grinned at me with a goofy smile on his face.

"Nothing. I just thought you guys were fooling around. I didn't know you were going to propose to her any second from now." He raised his brows as he sarcastically took a jab at me.

I rolled my eyes to the back of my head before I opened my mouth to answer him. "Fuck off. Nobody is proposing. I just- I don't know. I can't get enough of her." I began to stutter over my words.

"I'm just fucking with you man. I'm happy for you two, whatever it is you guys are doing. I'm assuming it's no longer casual?"

"I mean we haven't put a label on it. But I think I'm getting somewhere with her. She was so closed off before but she's finally opening up to me and telling me about her past."

Adam's eyes suddenly widened and he seemed to be taken by complete surprise at my statement.

"What? She did?" He asked with shock spread across his face.

"Yeah man, she told me about her dad last night. And I could tell it took so much out of her to share that with me. I finally understand why it she always seemed like she was holding back."

I watched Adam squint his eyes as if he were waiting for me to continue.

"That's a huge step! Her telling you about her father. It's always been a tough subject for her to talk about. She usually pretends that part of her life never existed." He said matter of factly.

"So um- did she say anything else?" He asked curiously.

"I mean she told me about how it affected her life and how she grew from it. She's really an incredibly strong person. I know it probably wasn't easy for her to bring up that part of her life. But it means so much that she felt like she could tell me anything."

Adam simply nodded, though the look on his face translated as if he wanted to say something more.

"Look Austin, Lena is an amazing person. I've seen all the shit her family went through and she especially took it the hardest. She's been through alot. She's like my own sister and the last thing I want to see is for her to get her heart broken. I know for certain she must care about you because she's very cautious with who she let's in. But please, just don't do anything to hurt her. She's had enough pain in her lifetime." He almost pleaded with me as I felt my heart sink for the woman I was so desperately infatuated with.

Hearing Adam's words only gave me further reassurance that I was making the right decision.

Something that I had been thinking about ever since our very first night in Utah, when Lena came into my bed and fully gave herself to me.

"I'm not going to hurt her Adam." I looked up at him, nervously running my hand through my disheveled curls.

"I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend."

*****

Authors Note

I'm sorry this update took forever! I've been super busy and never seem to have enough time in the day. Thank you guys for continuing to stick with me, you're the best. 💜