They reached the bathroom and Sadie sat on the edge of the tub, her head throbbing almost unbearably now as Caterina turned on the faucets and the room started to fill with steam and the faint, nauseating smell of lavender oil. "Hop in and stay there a while," Cat encouraged as she headed for the door. "When you're done I'll make us some snacks and we can watch TV in bed for the rest of the day, sound good?" Sadie nodded and the brunette closed the door behind her. Sadie really didn't deserve Cat. Not in the slightest. But she was so darn grateful that she had her anyway.

The singer took her time soaking in the scalding water, letting it penetrate deep into her achy muscles and plaster her platinum hair to her neck and cheeks. It would have been soothing if her brain didn't continue to pulse and throb like it was caged inside of her skull. "Fucking hangovers," she mumbled as she swallowed a deep breath and plunged her head beneath the surface. She opened her eyes beneath the water and watched the surface ripple and and curl above her, fragments of the previous night starting to come back in bits and pieces. She remembered herself and Jimmy toasting whiskey neats at the bar a few blocks from her apartment while laughing over a forgotten joke. She then faintly recalled the two of them stumbling down the road and finally coming to sit on a park bench with a bottle of gin to share. She remembered being tired, and resting her head in his lap as they watched the sun fade and the moon rise over the small duck pond while they talked, and laughed, and drank. And she remembered him leaning down towards her, staring at her with intense navy eyes. And she remembered, just for a moment, the feeling of his mouth— NO! Sadie's head broke the surface and she dragged in a huge breath of air, water sloshing over the sides of the tub all around her.

There was a knock on the door and Cat called out. "Sadie are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just slipped a little!" Sadie called back in her most sober voice, her brain still stuck trying to replay that moment — was it even real? There was no way. She was just still drunk and must have imagined it. That was the only thing that made sense. Right? Yeah, totally. Just a figment of her drunk imagination. "I'll be out in a sec! Just gotta get changed!" She said as she stood up in the tub and tried to grab a towel to mop up the soaking floor.

"Oh— okay!" Cat sounded unconvinced, but thankfully didn't press it further. Sadie relaxed and climbed out of the tub properly, wrapping her favourite towel around her and breathing out a long sigh. She waited until the footsteps of Caterina had faded back down the stairs before she went to her room to change into a clean set of clothes.

     She found Caterina again downstairs in the kitchen, cooking up french toast with the radio tuned in to one of her very own songs, seemingly unaware that the blonde was even in the room at all. Sadie picked up the magazine that had been left on the counter and flipped it open to the page with her own sad story printed on it.

SADIE SCOTT'S BOOZY SUNDAY CAUGHT ON FILM
Written by Claudia Baker

If you think Sunday is the time for a glass of wine or two and a new episode of 'Maude' on the telly, spare a thought for Sadie Scott, the lead singer of all-girl rock group 'Tempest', who couldn't even hold herself up as she stumbled out of her local bar this weekend. Now Scott is no stranger to a little boozy scandal here and there. But it seems that since the return of her band from their most recent tour, the singer has been partying harder than ever. Only this time, it was with none other than Led Zeppelin's infamous lead guitar, Jimmy Page, who is also known for his own scandals on the music scene.

Peep the pics our sources took of the pair running from our cameras yesterday evening—

     Sadie looked up suddenly as the magazine was snatched from her hand by Caterina and deposited straight into the trash. The blonde opened her mouth to protest but was hushed quickly. "It's a rubbish magazine full of gossip and hearsay, and you don't need to read it." She told her, ever the mother, and then turned back to grab her french toast off of the stove. But as she slid the plate in front of her, the blonde found her appreciate had disappeared again, so she only took a small bite to be polite.